Saturday, August 22, 2009

Clarification.

This was recently posted on TOPIX: Anon United States Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #1 21 hrs ago From Jay's Blog: I heard that the Commission approved the appointment of Shirley Wise (current clerk of Probate Court) to serve as an Associate Probate Judge at the meeting on Tuesday. So is this being done so that the current judge can retire and appoint Ms Wise as the new probate judge before his term is up thinking that the voters will re-elect her when it is election time since the voters do not vote out the incumbents Note that only the first paragraph, in green, is an accurate quote of what an anonymous commenter wrote on my blog. The words in red are not mine. Here is my original statement on the matter, in its entirety: Jay Moreno said... As long as she has been there as Judge Gillette's # 2, there is no doubt that she is qualified. She has always been very helpful to me whenever I've needed any info from her office. August 20, 2009 7:26 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley Wise would make a great judge. I hope she does get appointed. She is a local with a good head on her shoulder. Shirley could win an election too. Most everyone knows her and likes her a lot. I hope this is true

Jay Moreno said...

I agree, however I wish you would parse your statement "She is a local with a good head on her shoulders." Is the former condition a precondition for the latter?