Sunday, August 2, 2009

Not so, heliocentric breath!

Merlin Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #194 11 min ago Politics wrote: Oh but Merlin, that concept was a home run with the Quarterback Club which Drury oversees. When it was share with me I quickly stated but "St. Marys is suppose to annex the property into their city which means the money would go to St. Marys instead of Kingsland where the football field is located" then he looked at me in amazement. HaHaHa I know that look, Politics: it's the same gobsmacked stare that one often gets if one suggests that there is a world beyond the rarefied enclave that such as Drury inhabit. I imagine that Galileo Galilei encountered the same expression when he first suggested that the Earth was not the center of the universe around which all celestial bodies revolve. Actually, Galileo got that look from being smacked up side the head with a salami by Copernicus, the originator of heliocentrism.

No comments: