Saturday, March 14, 2009

Debunking another bald faced lie from, where else, TOPIX Kingsland.

The lie du jour: Mom Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #22 1 hr ago Judged: 1 Jay Moreno has become the Camden School System's biggest cheerleader. He has repeatedly posted information straight from the school system on his web site. Moreno has become the face of the Camden County School System. Even more reason to vote the E-SPLOST down. P.S. My teacher friend says word is circulating throughout the school system for teachers to get out and vote or their jobs may be in jeopardy. I knew these type of tactics would be employed once the school system realized their plans were in doubt. I also see the local paper has chimed in with not only an endorsement but multiple stories touting the school systems awards and accomplishments. They even selected a school system employee as their guest columnist for the edition. The big final push is one folks and we all lose if you don't vote. The truth: In the course of my student teaching ( for which I am not compensated - it is a college course for which I pay tuition), I attended the after school meeting on ESPLOST at CMS. The representative from the school administration went to great pains to make it abundantly clear that no one's job would be affected in any way whatsoever. The law does not allow salaries to be paid with ESPLOST funds. They are strictly fo capital needs. Those funds for salaries come from ad valorem taxes, state funding, federal funding, and military impact funds - not ESPLOST. This is just another deliberate lie from the ESPLOST opponents. If you will compare my coverage of the rezoning to that in the T&G, you will see that I got just exactly the same press release from the school system as did the T&G and the GTU. How? I sent them an e-mail and asked for it. I also solicit such information from the county. Does that make me a spokesperson for the county commission? I hardly think so.

No comments: