Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jim Stein - and, by extension, all Camden taxpayers - get an "up yours" type of non responsive "response" from tax assessors.

Click on image to enlarge. Here's a sample of the garbage they sent to Jim Stein in "compliance" with his FOI Request. Just a lot of undecipherable numbers with no explanation.Fax Transmission STEIN & GUY, P. C. P.O. BOX 5130 ST. MARYS, GEORGIA 31558 (912) 729-3635 Fax: (912) 729-2248 To: Camden County Tax Assessors Date: Fax #: 576-3014 Pages: 2, including this cover sheet. From: JAMES E. STEIN Subject: Requested Records COMMENTS: I have spent my afternoon going through the junk you sent me that comes no where near giving us information that was posted in error, premature or what ever excuse you gave for removing the figures. I want the requested information. You know exactly what I want. The figures that relate to the parcels that were posted. A simple solution would be to post those figures again. I can explain to the Court how I am getting nothing. I have done it before and I am confident I can do it now. Send me the information and you can avoid legal fees and expenses. That is reasonable for you to do and would be more in line with serving the public. You created those figures and I am entitled to the same. ****

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like someone has pissed Stein off again. Some never learn. Thanks for all you do Jim. Give em hell man

Anonymous said...

Is anybody really suprised by the response from the board? They would rather go to court than do the right thing. Hopefully, in the next election. Camden resident's send them all packing.

Jay Moreno said...

I understand your ire - and I too would like to see a shakeup of the CCBOC - but in this case, your ire may well be directed at the wrong board. See my post of today from the Handbook for Georgia County Commissioners. Once the CCBOC created the monster, they lost control - by law.

Anonymous said...

The Commission may have lost control but not the court. They can jerk folks around and they can jerk back. In this case it is going to a damn sight harder than those jerks can jerk. Let them get ready because it ain't going to be pretty. They are going to have to answer.

Anonymous said...

Jay the Commission can take action against that Board and they can call them to task for what they have done. They don't have an open invitation to screw the tax payers. They also have a responsibilty to do their job and not come off with some goofy re-evaultions that have no uniformity.

Come to the meeting Tuesday and we will find out if the Commissioners want to be responsible to the tax payers, and most important to the voters.