Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Of course not!

Rick Rogers Joined: May 31, 2007 Comments: 624 Seattle, WA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #132 56 min ago sandy feller wrote: i was just curious, why would my havivg been there before be considered a negative? Sandy would you vote to end executive session?Jay,I will ask you the same question:would you vote to end executive session? No, Rick, I would not, nor would anyone else who understands the legitimate need for executive session. The problem is not executive session, per se, but violations of what can and can not be done in executive session. I'm not certain without looking it up, but if what MAY be discussed in executive session (generally, pending real estate transactions and matters, personnel decisions, and legal matters) is not REQUIRED to be discussed in executive session, it probably should be. Having said that, if I were serving on an elected legislative body and we were in executive session, the very moment a member headed down an illegal path, I would advise him or her to stop. If he did not, I would abstain from participating, and then, immediately upon reconvening of the regular session, reveal to the public what violation(s) had occurred and who did it, despite my admonishment not to. My loyalties would be to the electorate and the law, not my fellow elected officials.

No comments: