Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let me guess: Next we'll learn that Kingfish founded ACORN and mentored a young community activist named Barack Obama.

sandy feller Saint Marys, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #402 1 hr ago Mike99 wrote: Oh Sandy...enough already. I don't think that I can stand any more political "vote for me because I'm the best becuase I said so" stuff. Either straight talk about where you stand on firm issues or silence, please, and no more "senseless endless talk". This "for the people" chant grows tiresome as all the candidates sing it together. There's an idea...they can all form an "I speak for the people" choir. (Feller)i will start taking positions on the issues of the day starting next week. unlike my opponents i will offer suggestions for solutions rather than simply quoting the headlines in our local newspapers. keep in mind neither one of my opponents has government experience. neither one of them has started and run a civic association (with over 1000 members). neither one of them has run a tenants rights group, protecting those who cannot help themselves. in other words my opponents are long on talk but lack practical experience

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I am not a resident of St. Marys, I did not keep up with Feller when he was on the City Council, but, I can certainly remember his four years he served on the County Commission. I don't recall that he ever voted on anything that was ever brought before the Board for a vote. I do recall all of his excuses as to why he would not vote for anything. It seems he never knew enough about anything to vote. Does he have some kind of business in St. Marys? I don't know his age but it seems that maybe he should retire from politics. Does he own some kind of business in St. Marys and if so, what kind of business?

Jay Moreno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay Moreno said...

Man, my last comment had so many typos I just corrected it here and deleted the original.

Google "Garwood-Feller, Inc."

Mr. Feller's only elected office in Camden so far has been one term as a county commissioner.

Late seventies or early eighties, I believe.

In addition to his home, Mr. Feller owns the building his business is in on Osborne Rd. I believe he may have also recently acquired the building next door which used to house an auto repair shop. Six months or so ago, he purchased that pink building where Aunt B's and then that soul food place - what was it, "Big Mama's" - used to be.

Despite all of his crying poor mouth, it looks like Mr. Feller moved down here form upstate New York with quite a nest egg. Some may recall that when the city's offer to the MacDonald's was $60,000 short of their $1 million asking price for what is now the Gilman Waterfront Park, Kingfish "Man Of The People" Feller stood up in a council meeting and offered to write a check on the spot for the remaining $60,000 if the council would only vote to name the park after his late father rather than Gilman.

October 15, 2009 12:10 PM