Thursday, October 8, 2009

A preview of coming "attractions."

Click on image to enlarge
So I guess y'all have noticed the nearly 17 acres being cleared across Hwy 40 from Saturday Park and just east of Mt. Zion Baptist. The back end of that property comes butt up against my back property line. Someone said on TOPIX that it was going to be condos. I just got off of the phone with Roger Weaver in Planning and Zoning. It is actually going to be apartments. Here is the website for the developer. I'm told that he pictures are of a "twin" development he's built somewhere in Florida. http://pdone.info/brantcreek/index.php What prompted my call was the fact that up until today,the track hoe operator was maintaining a +/- 50 ft. buffer of trees between my property line and what turns out will be a retention pond behind my house. Then I looked out there today and saw them creeping closer and closer. I asked Roger Weaver if the plans called for a buffer and how much. He called me back 15 minutes later. Seems he can't find the part of the plan that covers "landscaping" but he'll call me back tomorrow. Well, they've knocked off for today and I still have a 50 foot buffer, except for one path where some yahoo on a front end loader plowed a clear path right up to within three feet of my cypress fence! Roger tells me that if they screw up and tear down what they are not supposed to, they will have to replant. Hell, I'll turn 62 in November. I'll be dead of old age before trees grow back to any significant height and thickness. This will effect about eight lots on my street. Stay tuned. P.S., I'll bet that the residents of 252 apartments trying to ingress and egress off of and onto Hwy 40 - complete with u-truns to get around the divider - will be the best thing that has happened to local body shops in years. Update, 10.9.09: My e-mail to developer, Tom Purdie: Thanks. That's what I figured. Some ass commented (or at least tried to - I rejected the comment) on my blog this morning that there was a sign in front of it saying it was HUD housing. My blog helped defeat our corrupt sheriff last year so a lot of his die hard supporters like to mess with me - and wish that it was HUD!. I figured it was either an outright lie or some damned fool who does not know the difference between HUD and FHA. Jay. ----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Purdie To: 'Jay Moreno' Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 11:06 AM Subject: RE: Rental rates /HUD? Jay, Rents are market rate. NO subsidies, no income limitation, no percentage rental requirements just like the apartments I lived in after college. While under the HUD umbrella (as is Freddie, Fannie, Ginnie Mae products et al) this is a FHA package. Hope this sets aside any concerns you might have had in that area. Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Jay Moreno [mailto:jaymor@tds.net] Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 10:58 AM To: tpurdie@springfieldcapital.com Subject: Rental rates /HUD? Tom, Do you know what the projected market rental rates will be? Is this a HUD project? Thank You. Jay Moreno 510 Victoria's Circle 912 673 7037. Nice try, Thuggie scum! Now go sandpaper that rabid wildcat's ass!
5:02 PM:
Note to Kingfish Feller: I have been in e-mail and voice contact with the owner/developer for two days. I have negotiated several options for an aesthetic buffer solution provided by the developer. As soon as I've had a chance to poll all of the neighbors this weekend, I will get back with the owner / developer to finalize an equitable solution. Your investigation / intervention is not needed. Now, kindly go take a nap. Thank you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna turn into income based housing like every other complex in town but 2. Then, the drug dealers will be allowed to take over. Have fun Jay. You could have saved some of your money and but behind Cumberland Oaks or The Pines.

Jay Moreno said...

I'm sure that that is your fondest wish. Even better, maybe some of them will see me out in the yard in my wheelchair, do a home invasion and kill me. You wiould like that. Wouldn't you - you sick bastard. They had better come in a group larger than 13.

Actually, these look like they will be way out of the rent range of those folks - and I doubt seriously it will go HUD.

Anonymous said...

I always thought that when there was a proposed commercial project being considered there would be a hearing for those property owners around the project to voice their opinion? I guess all of these high dollar builders have given up on fancy housing developments and are now going to give fancy apartments a try. If they are high dollar rentals, they must not be looking at the economy in this county. With all of the jobless in this county, don't think a high dollar apartment complex will make it any more than all of the new subdivisions that have flopped in this county. Its a shame to have a new home in a nice neighborhood and have this happen.

Jay Moreno said...

It turns out that that developement was approved back in 2007. I'm not sure this subdivision existed in 2007. I just closed on mine on Decemeber 1st of last year.

Anonymous said...

Actually Jay, that was not my "fondest wish". I was actually feeling bad for you because the apts. will be overrun by drug dealers and they will use your yard as an escape route. So, you pompas ass....FUCK YOU!!! It is now my fondest wish that these apts become the new "Oaks". Sorry that you hate your life so much that it clouds your judgment and you can't see when someone is on your side for a change. And you wonder why most of us dislike you...

Jay Moreno said...

I invite the readers attention to the fool's last sentence. As usual, my "Jay Derangement Syndrome" detector was in perfect working order. Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

He oughta build right up to your fuc-ing fence line.

Jay Moreno said...

Were he a low-lifing, degenerate, miscreant, asshole such as yourself, Sir, perhaps he would. Fortunately, he is not.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I am not an ass...I was simply trying to share with you what I saw ON the sign at the front of the lot. My reading capabilities are just fine. There was no mistaking the words "HUD PROJECT." You can drive by and read it for yourself and then you can apologize for your comment referring to me as an ass when I was simply trying to point out the fact to you.

Jay Moreno said...

But not all "HUD" projects are HUD Section 8 projects, as yuo clearly meant to imply. The developer has assured me - in writng - which I've published, that it will be a full market price rental community. There will be no government rent subsidies of any kind.

Anonymous said...

I drove by the area on Rte. 40 this morning. I can now clearly see a cypress fence around the back yard of 1 or 2 houses. It looks like more trees have been bulldozed to the lot line in the last day. It doesn't appear that they will leave any treed buffer zone. I hate it when they strip a lot bare with no consideration for the neighborhood or neighbors.

I guess that retention ponds are necessary and required by law but the are a mosquito breeding eye-sore.

Jay Moreno said...

Tell me about it. The egg nog yellow fence is mine.

Here's a good one. When I asked the developer why he couldn't move the retention pond that will start 5 feet from my fence anothrer 10 to 15 feet south (towards Hwy 40) he said they had to put it that close to my fence to avoid encroaching on - wait for it - the wetland area in the middle of the complex. Yep, frogs first, people second