Sunday, December 6, 2009

Now comes this sad and tragic news from Aunt B's.

Click on image to enlarge.
For newer customers who may not recognize her name, Miss Leta Green was the always ebullient and effervescent, hard working Thai lady who was the head waitress / floor manager. She not only knew the names and drink preferences of hundreds of regular customers but was well known for her great cooking. All who knew her will miss her. I certainly will. When her picture takes its place on the wall next to Miss Rohdonda Langford, she will be in great company.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard Leta was taken off life support this morning.

God rest her soul. A sweet lady.

Jay Moreno said...

Amen.

So far as I know, the only way to donate for her funeral expenses is to drop money into the jar at the Aunt B's register. If I hear of a fund being set up, I'll let y'all know.

Bonnie Eakes said...

I would like to share this poem with you that the Organ Donor Foundation sent to us in honor of my sister Rohdonda Langford.I know she would like for me to do this out of the love that we ALL shared for Miss Leta Green.(My Final Gift)It is now time for me to move on into the dusk,but also the dawn.I will remain as the morning comes ,as I've left behind a gift for someone.So another may walk,may talk,may see,where their life was locked,I offered a key.I am a donor to someone in need,My Final Gift,My Final Deed.May God bless you all! With all of my love!Bonnie Eakes

Jay Moreno said...

Bonnie,

Thanks for introducing yourself at Aunt B's this morning. All this time, I had no idea that you were Rohdonda's sister. She was such a sweet person. She treated her customers like family so I can only imagine how much she is missed by her real family.

Jay