Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holy mackerel! I just saw THE SIGN for the first time.

The other day, my housekeeper, who works in the afternoons at St. Marys Elementary said something about "the new sign" in front of Dr. Jones building in downtown St. Marys. She said she thought it seemed a bit much without further elaboration. Well, after lunch at Aunt B's today, I rode downtown to see how the new school was coming along. Holy mackerel, indeed! Dr. Jone's sign is certainly eye catching. Rather than spoil it for those who have not seen it, you really need to ride down there. I'll bet Roger Rillo, et al are fit to be tied. Be sure you're not sipping a beverage as you approach it. Check your rear view mirror to see if anyone is on your bumper. You may stop reflexively.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger wrote a letter to the editor about this a couple of weeks ago. Your description of his feelings are very accurate.

Jay Moreno said...

Now that you mention it,I vaguely remeber that. I also remember blowing it off given Roger's history of going ballistic over damned nearly anything proposed for downtown (unless, of course,it is a DMA approved project).