Thursday, May 27, 2010

K-B Grille: Worth turning around for.

The K-B Grille is on the west side of Kings Bay Road, just across the road from Osaka's.

I finally made it there today. I say that because at least a half-dozen times, I've already passed the turn lane for it by the time I think about it. But today, I was actually headed someplace else when I thought about it and made a special trip. Glad I did.

It was the first time I had EVER been in anything in that little strip shopping area. The place is immaculately clean and has plenty of space to get around in my wheelchair. It has a nice bistro ambiance. It is essentially a soup and high quality sandwich operation, but they do breakfast as well.

I had the hungries for a good burger and fries. They use black angus beef. It came out char broiled with distinct, deep, char cross-hatching and a really good flavor. Good bun and nice lettuce and tomato. I was not too crazy about having to put on my own mayonnaise, but at least you can control how much. It was the best burger I've had in years. The fries were exceptional. They were the old-style, crinkle cuts from whole potatoes - not molded mashed potatoes. Clearly, the cook knew that the secret is fresh grease at exactly the right temperature and putting still hard frozen fries straight from the freezer into the grease. They were the most perfectly prepared and delicious fries I've had in years. Expect to pay maybe a dollar more than what you would pay at McDonalds or Burger King, but no comparison on the quality and preparation. Well worth it. Appears to be a family owned-operated restaurant.

I told them how much I enjoyed it and that I was going to write this review. When you go, tell them I sent you.

No comments: