Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Starline annointing confirmed.

According to K-Bay news, Berry's bud Jimmy Starline will be sworn in on 30 August to replace Berry.
Starline will serve for about 17 months before he has to face voter one and then will do it as an incumbent.

Of course, it was Berry himself who pushed for and got a change in the county charter to allow this (i.e., no called election to replace a dead / departed commissioner.)

8/19: GTU confirmation:

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2010-08-19/story/jimmy-starline-named-new-camden-county-commissioner

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought you didn't listen to kbay

Jay Moreno said...

I don't. When I was checking the WJXT website, I noticed a K-Bay logo and clicked on it. That's how
I stumbled across the fact that you can listen to their local news on line on demand.

Anonymous said...

Gordon got it wrong because he was not there. They never voted to appoint Starline Tuesday night. Rainer stated that there would be a special called meeting and at that meeting they would appoint him. It has never been discussed or voted on at a meeting to appoint him. GOB at it's best.

Jay Moreno said...

I believe his 28 month figure is wrong too.

Anonymous said...

He is right on the 28 months. The term goes until Dec 31, 2012.

Jay Moreno said...

Yeah, I had 17 months stuck n my had from some time ago when I calculated it would be that long after Berry's resignation before voters got to vote on the occupant of that seat again.