Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Camden County's Citizen's Academy

I attended my first full length session this morning in Woodbine in the commission meeting room from 8:15 to 11:15.

Presenters this morning were Steve Howard, Staci Bowick, Mike Fender, Adam Kabasakalian, and Katie Bishop.

That was time very well spent. County government would have been woefully unready had the expected building boom actually occurred prior to Mr. Howard's arrival and his assembling the upper management team he has put into place. I believe I can speak for all participants when I say that I was most favorably impressed by this morning's presentation, particularly the professionalism of the presentations and the quality of the supporting printed materials. When the economy recovers and development begins again, we have a great team in place and ready.

Even at this early stage of the game, I can heartily recommend this experience to anyone who can find the time next year.

3 comments:

hannah said...

So, you enjoyed the propaganda and time putting together the indoctrination was well spent. Not a waste of taxpayer dollars? Good. "They also serve who only stand and wait" until they are needed to work.

Anonymous said...

Yea, and look at the cost this cost the taxpayers. These people are OVERPAID. We need to clean house.
Oh and Jay, they will not help you get elected.

Jay Moreno said...

You are a truly un-observant slow learner. I do not base my opinions and resulting utterances upon poliitcal considerations.