Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A sad but true commentary upon the state of religious bigotry and intolerance in Camden County.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kingsland-ga/TFV5K32J3F5N7AVSS/p2#lastPost greenleaf Kingsland, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #37 2 hrs ago If one can get past his religion, Jim Steele,owner of K-Bay, in my opinion is about as strait-arrow as they come. Marion Kingsland, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #38 1 hr ago Could you explain? (Note: Do not let Marions Wall's question fool you. He is, in fact, one of the most outrageous religious bigots in the county.) greenleaf Kingsland, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #39 1 hr ago He's Jewish...don't think one could get elected in Camden County, GA Merlin Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #40 10 min ago greenleaf wrote: He's Jewish...don't think one could get elected in Camden County, GA So...thus far I've been told that Rich Gamble and LJ Williams wouldn't be elected "because they're black" and now those of the Jewish faith are added to the list of "couldn't-wins". What or who is next? Maybe there's a far bigger problem here than dubious "leadership". I'd like to say that I'm stunned...but I think that I'm getting too numb for that. "What or who is next? Well, I'll tell you, Alex: ANYONE who does not at least pay lip service to being a Christian and, more specifically, a Protestant Christian. Politics Kingsland, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #42 29 min ago Merlin wrote: Maybe there's a far bigger problem here than dubious "leadership". I'd like to say that I'm stunned...but I think that I'm getting too numb for that. BINGO we have a winner........Hence the reason why Camden County as a community is'nt flourishing as predestined. I have come to realize certain characteristics about the people of Camden County:they don't like honesty in politics; are'nt fond of blacks or others who are intelligent; and voting decisions have absolutely nothing to do with the best interest of the community.This is a disastrous combination for positive growth

Merlin Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #44 1 hr ago fondell wrote: sounds like your just pulling for someone because they are black. Stop trying to keep the white man down. I cannot begin to describe how little I care whether those on Council are black, white, puce, mauve or multi-hued. Nor are there words adequate enough to capture my profound disinterest in their religious leanings (or lack thereof). Someone...please...explain to me why either skin color or theology comes into play here. St. Marys' Mayor could be a multi-racial pantheist for all I care as long as he/she performs the job with integrity and competence. It is becoming depressingly clear to me that clear-eyed perspective is too much to hope for in any discussion of the up-coming elections for there are simply too many diversions into non-issues such as personal grudges, race and religion. This community will, in the end, elect the leaders it deserves.

Alas, Alex (AKA "Merlin"), that, too, is probably true.

No comments: