Friday, August 7, 2009

We haven't killed anywhere near enough of these savage bastards!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/08/07/iraq.kidnapped.boy/index.html Folks, you will have to copy that link and paste it into your browser. I'm having a problem. Back when Internet Explorer 7 came out, I did not like it so I switched back to old reliable IE 6. Now, yesterday, after reading an article about how only 15% of users still used IE6, I went ahead and upgraded to Internet Explorer 8. I'm having a couple of issues. When I go to try to give y'all a link to a news article, I can copy the thing, but when I go back to my blog and right click, I get all kinds of new choices which I do not recognize, but NOT the "paste" option. Also, when I pull up muy list of favorites, the dmaned cursor jumps all over the place when I'm trying to move it to a particular selection. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Update @0925 on Saturday: Now this is truly weird. Yesterday, that above link was not working. Now, this morning, it is, and I have done nothing to make it work. ??????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a virus if you mouse is going all over the place.

Jay Moreno said...

I'll run a scan tonight, but I doubt thAT IS IT. I have the complete CA security software.

When I istalled the IE-*, it did not say to de-install that old IE - 6. I assumed that it would do that auotmatically. Maybe I'll go in and remove that if it is still there.

firefox rocks said...

I recall an article a few months back. If you install IE 8 you cannot unistall 6/7 even though you were not told to unistall. Some weird microsoft stuff drove the process. Stick with firefox and your problems go away! Google it and you will likely find the reference. When are you doing the Capn Stan's deal? Remember, atmosphere and but no ADA restrooms! Looks like they are expanding. Often packed on Saturday afternoons with bikes and bikers and cycles and cyclists.