Monday, August 31, 2009

Who hat is dat?

Monday, 31 August. So far, the only hat in the ring in St. Marys is that of Mayor Rowland Eskridge, who has today quailfied to run for mayor again. Correction: I did not look far enough on the spread sheet from the city clerk. Also qualifying in St. Marys today: Post 4, Keith Post (not a typo - his last name is "Post"); Post 5, Jolene Haney and John Morrissey; Post 6, Gull Weaver (incumbent). If anyone knows any salient details about these folks, please enlighten the rest of us via the comments section. I'll get the Monday Kingsland and Woodbine results tomorrow. Tuesday update: Yesterday, in Kingsland, incumbents Alex Blount and Don Mounsey qualified for Posts 2 and 1, respectively. No one qualified yesterday in Woodbine. Check back after 5 for today's results. Today, Tuesday, Matthew Pettus qualified for Post 1 in Kingsland. There were no furhter qualifiers today in either St. Marys or Woodbine. Special thanks to the three city clerks for providing me with daily updates. Wednesday update: So far today (thru 1054 AM) in St. Marys, Bill Deloughy has qualified to run for mayor; Sandy Feller for Post 4. 3:45 update: In St. Marys, Sidney Howell has qualified for Post 6. 4:30 update: In St. Marys, Roger Rillo has qualified for Post 4. 5:05 update: Neither Woodbine nor Kingsland had additional qualifiers today. Thursday update: No qualifiers in St. Marys today. This e-mail from Sandy Rayson in Woodbine: Mr. Moreno: The following people qualified for the City Council Posts today for the City of Woodbine: Louise Mitchell C. C. Higginbotham, Jr. No word from Kingsland today. I'll assume no qualifiers until I can call tomorrow.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jolene Hany? Being president of the sm Kiwanis doesn't make you qualified to be a city council person. Give me a break. Keith Post is a good guy, he should be running for Mayor. Don't know who Morrisey is.

Jay Moreno said...

Relax. I've been assured repeatedly by a Johnny Come Lately Kiwanian that the St. marys Kiwanis Club is not actually the town's most active PAC.

So, other than being the Kiwanian's president and sure of all those votes, what else has this lady done to commend her to the other 99% of us as a viable candidate? Anyone know?

I believe John Morrisey is one of the guys on the castrated ethics committee.

Jay Moreno said...

I just checked. Yes, John Morrissey is on the St. Marys Ethics Committee. He was appointed by Bill Deloughy.

Anonymous said...

More of the same just different faces. The door is wide open for a wild card.

Anonymous said...

"He was appointed by Bill Deloughy." The pawns are being set up on the board.

Anonymous said...

I know all the candidates who have qualified so far. All are from different backgrounds and have lots to offer. Haney has been involved with more than just kiwanis and is a good leader and has experience writing ordinances for a city. Keith Post is retired military and has been involved in civic groups also. John Morrisey is a nice man and has a lot of financial knowledge. We need to just find out what ideas all involved have. Sometimes the ones who seem to know the least really have the most to offer. Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I know both Keith and Jolene. St. Marys should be biting their chops for these two. Keith has held many positions in the city. On the board of Orange Hall, Navy League, Sub Museum, Rotary, and others. Jolene, is a go getter, she does not let anything get in her way. I have served on a board with her, and she would make a great council woman. They both have St. Marys running through their veins. I don’t live in St. Marys, but if I did, I would vote for both of them. Sandy should not run against these two, he will get a butt whooping. I must confess, I do not know the Morrissey fellow.


Anonymous #23


Sorry if this shows up twice, but I got an error message the first time.

wendy davis said...

Keith Post is a big proponent of moving the airport. I attended a meeting in which he and Charlie Smith pitched it to the City of Kingsland trying to get them to sign on as sponsors for the deal. He is a huge Navy supporter of course, which leads me to be a bit skepticle of his allegience. But all in all a nice guy.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks to all for the good info. Can someone tell us what, exactly, Jolene Haney and John Morrissey do for a living?

In what capacity did Haney come to have experience writng city ordinances?

Does Keith Post have a post-Navy career? I believe he is the local president of the Navy League. What else is he affiliated / involved with?

Jay Moreno said...

By the way, I will NOT be running for any St. Marys office.

Moreover, those posting on TOPIX under my name are imposters. When the cretins on TOPIX could not keep up with me, they resorted to having me banned. I can't post on TOPIX, period.

Anonymous said...

Jolene Haney still works for Atlantic Auto Brokers I think. My family has bought two cars from there and she was always very helpful. I know her more from her Kiwanis work and I think she's done a good job there. It would be nice to have a change in our City Council.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you won't be running for Mayor. I hope its because you are running for County Commissioner.

Weaver,Morissey,Post and DeLoughy are running to implement the Camden Partnership mission. Wake up people.

Anonymous said...

Let's see by the time the clan is sworn in St. Marys will start issuing TADs to LandMar, Cresecent Resources, Land Resources and Chip Drury.

The forced annex group will NEVER get water and sewer services. Because all resources will be used to provide services to the Drury annexed property which will get the city of St. Mary approximate access to the donated Sea Island property.

The airport will be relocated at taxpayers expense. No determination on whether the city will retain ownership of airport property. But if they do the property will be sold to LandMar for development. Which is the only bright spot in this sordid mess.

This election is do or die for all the hard work of Camden Partnership. The political pressure is on a CERTAIN person to make sure all of their candidates are successful.

LETS PRAY.........

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI, Keith Post lives in the forced annexed area, and he is still waiting for sewer service. And no I am not Keith, but he will watch your back.