Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ruben Gomez to run against Zell in District 2?

Ruben Gomez was in attendance at last night's meeting of the CCBOC. The timing is just about right for a planned run against the incumbent in District 2, Mrs. Zell,who narrowly defeated Gomez the last time around. So, if (and it is just a hunch on my part at this time) Gomez runs, then the rumored possible candidates for District 2 next year are: Mrs Zell, Ruben Gomez, E.B Herrin, and Bill Smith. I thought another poll with Ruben Gomez thrown into the mix might be interesting, so there it is, in the upper, right-hand corner ------>.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should all give Mr Gomez a chance at this position. EB Herrin has been there too many times before and we all know what you get from him, he is in the good ole boy party. Everyone is sick of BTW and we are waiting on the Feds to take him away, and the current lady has not shown us anything so she is a waste. So I would vote for Mr Gomez if I were in that district.

Jay Moreno said...

While I would not have characterized Mrs. Zell quite so harshly - she is after all, a very nice and well intentioned (if ineffective)lady - I otherwise essentially agree with you.

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

Jay,
Since I live in dist.2, I have been pondering the idea of running as well.

Gee Jay and Rick on the board together!!!!

What would the good ole boys do then?