Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

CORRECTION: Yesterday, in the course of commenting on the T&G coverage Wednesday of developments relating to the airport at Monday's Lilliput City Council meeting, I stated that the reporter (it turns out it was Emily Goodson) did not report when the contract with the St. Marys Airport Authority expires. She did indeed report, at the end of the fourth paragraph, that the contract expires at the end of May of this year. My apologies. I'll read more carefully in the future. Amazingly, I actually did go back and check before I wrote that - and missed it a second time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if they don't renew the contract with the airport authority the airport will basely close anyway. Am I correct, or will the City keep it open.

Seems to me since the entire bruh ha ha has been about the airport being a hazard to the base, the city should allow it to close. Then Deborah Hase and Charlie Smith can negotiate a sell to whomever and they can develop the property into multi-use development.

Everybody WINS...... except of course Sea Island.

Jay Moreno said...

I'm not aware of any federal regulation which says that the city must have an airport authority. I don't know why that (managing the airport leases) can't be added to the city manager's portfolio pending the resolution of the matter of its future.

I've long said that a sale to a private owner with or without a replacement airport would be fine with me.