Monday, March 29, 2010

Twenty Camden County teachers' contracts will not be renewed due to budget cuts.

I've just learned from a reliable source that 20 teachers were informed Friday that their contracts will not be renewed next year due to budget shortfalls. My informant understood that there were at least ten more non-teaching employees given notices of non-renewal for the same reason. "I'm sure we will get more details in Wednesday's T&G if Gordon doesn't beat them to it.
I would hope that these teachers would be able to find positions in nearby smaller counties which are perennially short of teachers.

That answers my question about my chances of being hired next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read on topix where there are those that some how think because you gave out information on the 20 teachers that it is not so. I have already talked to three who got the notices. Just because you said it first does not make it not so. If you were to see a sun rise and report it there are wackos who would deny the sun rise.

Jay Moreno said...

You noticed that, eh? :-)