Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blog demographics.

Now that this blog is a week away from turning 6 months old and has just surpassed 50,000 hits, I thought it might be interesting (hopefully to you as well as me) to gain some insight into the demographics of the readers and contributors. I'm going to put together some questions, using the poll feature. It will probably take several different polls. Note that in some of the polls, you will be able to give answers to more than one question - or cast more than one "vote," if you will. By the way, I'm sure that all of you who are registered voters know what district you reside in. For those of you who do not or are not registered, here is a link to the map of the districts. http://www.co.camden.ga.us/index.asp?NID=133 See the menu in the top, left-hand corner. Thank you all in advance for your input. Addendum: Sunday, 08/17 @0714 HRS. Thanks to all who have responded so far. Can't wait to see the final results. I have a question: Up in the top poll - the one about what media you use to keep up with events in Camden - a couple of you have checked "other." Could you go to comments and tell us what other sources you use? Thanks. 1615 HRS: Hello, District 2. Anyone home up there?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay, when I was born there was no place to give borth in Camden, so maybe you should edit your poll to "from Camden since birth".

Anonymous said...

Might want to have some options for those of us former camdinites who still keep up with things. I live in JAX now but still am up in Camden most weekends as all my friends and family are there.

Jay Moreno said...

I take it that you mean that at the time of your birth, to be born in a hospital, you mother had top go to Brunswick or jax, right?

When was the old Gilman hospital built?

Once votes have been cast, the syhstem will no longer allow you to edit the polls.

Anonymous said...

Jay, people went to the Gilman hospital to die, not get born. LOL

Anonymous said...

The I and the O are right next to each other and I have three broken fingers thanks to my five year old and a car door, but yea you got my point. I was born in JAX in 78, but have lived here most all of my life.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting poll on location. Do you gather from that, that the people who voted Woodbine, St. Mary or Kingsland are not registered voters or don't participate in the voting process.

Just curious....

Another thought, you should solicit email addresses while your'e out an about. The email addresses will become very valuable during your campaign. I use to see political people do it all the time in Tacoma.

Jay Moreno said...

I don't quite follow you in your first paragraph. Could you try again?

There are some interesting patterns turning up in the "polls," though. Apparently, on one under 21 gives a flip about local politics. "Damned outsiders" have way more potentila political clout than they realize. It looks like very few of the gen-X kids of "native" Camdenians are remaing in the county as adults. I suspect that the same holds true for "damned outsider" kids. Why would they?

As to contacting voters, it is easier to plunk down 50 bucks or so
and purchase a printed list, complete with mailing labels, for all of the registered voters in District 4.

Jay Moreno said...

Do they not have an ISP provider in District 2, or what?

Maybe the Andromeda strain got 'em.