Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh, by the way...

I signed a contract yesterday to have a house built in St. Marys. I hope to close on it in early December. I told y'all I was not going anywhere. Oh, what's that you ask? What district is it in? Why, it just happens to be in District 4. Addendum: 08/15 @1238 HRS. What a revoltin' development! Just 49 hours ago, I signed a contract to have a new house built. Now, in today's T&G, I read that the only thoroughfare to the subdivision will be closed for reconstruction in October for anywhere from 4 to 6 months! Brings to mind the old girlfriend who once famously observed, "Jay, if you had a pet duck, it would drown."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jay, on the house.
Sounds like we will have a new commissioner for that area! Best wishes with the new house, and I can't wait to hear you announce your intention to run for commissioner. You will not have any problem winning that one.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks.

I'm guessing that there will be at least 4 challengers.

Anonymous said...

remember there is a one year requirement to run. check with martin gillete. something steve berry dreamt up some years ago.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks for the reminder, but it turns out that as of today, I've lived continuously in District 4 for 15 years and 12 days. I'm moving about a pistol shot away to another District 4 location.