Tuesday, August 5, 2008

District 1 voters....

Did you remember to vote today? Check back about 7:15 or so. I should have the results published by then. Uh oh! Just discovered this message: Status Tuesday, August 05, 2008 Blogger will be unavailable Tuesday (8/5) at 4:00PM PDT for about 10 minutes for maintenance. Posted by Jessica at 10:39 PDT That is, of course 7:00 PM, our time. Hopefully, that will not delay my bringing you the results. 7:25 PM. No results yet. Awaiting call from Shirley Wise at Judge Gillette's office. 7:50 Incredibly, they do not yet have all of the results from all of the precincts. But here's what they do have so far on the District 1 county commission race: Keene, 451 King, 174 I'm gonna go out on a limb (though not very far) and declare Keene the winner. Shirley Wise is going to call me with the finals when they get them. 8:05 PM: Congratulations, Chip Keene - and best of luck in November!

Shirley Wise just called. The numbers remain Keene, 451; King, 174. The numbers may change slightly tomorrow. There are a handful of "provisional" votes (people who showed up and were shocked to find that they were not registered - or at least not on the rolls at the polls.) They were allowed to vote "provisionally", subject to their status being checked out more thoroughly at the regsistrar's office tomorrow.

Thank you, Shirley Wise.

Update: 08/06 @ 1001 HRS.

Rebel Dawg Jacksonville, FL Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #3 44 min ago Keene, 451King, 174Shirley Wise just called. The numbers remain Keene, 451; King, 174. The numbers may change slightly tomorrow. There are a handful of "provisional" votes (people who showed up and were shocked to find that they were not registered - or at least not on the rolls at the polls.) They were allowed to vote "provisionally", subject to their status being checked out more thoroughly at the registrar's office tomorrow. Thank you, Shirley Wise.

Uh, "Rebel Dawg," if you are going to cut and paste my reportage verbatim onto TOPIX Kingsland (a marked improvement, no doubt) would you mind giving attribution? That means acknowledging where it came from - preferably by posting a link to my website. Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I VOTED. at 8 am this morning it looked like a larger number had voted for the area which shocked me. At least some people had remembered to go and vote. KEENE for District 1.....

Jay Moreno said...

No kidding - I'm surprised (pleasantly)too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jay,

I could not get the link to cooperate. I tried. I am not that computer literate.

Anonymous said...

I fixed it . There is a link now. I meant no harm. I was answering a question. Thank you.

Rebel Dawg

Jay Moreno said...

All's well: Thank you.