Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated !

I'm baack! Just after my last post around 0930 on New Years Day, my old, gigantic, cathode-ray-tube-type, 18 inch monitor died on me. Now, normally,I would goon line to order a new one, but obviously, I couldn't. Fortunately,(or so I thought) I had a December '09 Dell catalogue on my desk. I called the toll-free number. Judging from the static and the accent, I think the guy who took 46 minutes (no, I'm not kidding) to complete my order must have been in outer Slobovia. He must have written it on papyrus then shipped it by camel train to the nearest place with Internet access. I did not get my new, flat screen, HD monitor until noon today. Naturally, I had to wait for Sarah to drop by on the way home from her school job to move the old monster for me. Anyway, I'm back up. That's all there was to it. Thanks to those who called to express concern for my welfare. Man,this thing is WIDE! I feel like my eyeballs are trying to turn outwards to get it all in. I'll catch y'all up on what's been happening tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Jay Moreno said...

Anon
Saint Marys, GA
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
|#17
4 hrs ago Judged:

22

6
I hope he's not ill. He seems to have a low immune system. If you're sick get well soon Jay.
Refreshing
Saint Marys, GA

Thank you for your concern, but I've been feeling fine. With regards to my immune system, you have it bass backwards. It was the fact that I have a very strong immune system which accounts for why I suffered such severe nerve damage when I contracted Guillain-Barre syndrome. I know that sounds paradoxical, but a little research on GBS will clarify that for you.

Anonymous said...

Contrary to your belief that we all wait on pins and needles to find out what's going on in Cramden County (yes, I said Cramden)from your constipated blog, we have miraculously been able to function without you hoisting yourself on your own pitard. Maybe we'll get lucky and your hard drive will fail.

Jay Moreno said...

It's spelled petard, actually. Moreover, trust me when I tell you that you have revealed your egregious ignorance by your gross misuse of the expression you were trying for.

Anonymous said...

I did'nt write that in a mean spirited way about your immune system. I just remember you have had several bouts with colds. No harm intended. I am glad you're feeling well and back to blogging.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure you can imagine where some of the scum with Jay Derangement Syndrome have gone before regarding my immune system.