Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Amen, Brother.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kingsland-ga/T5UM3909MA26IQEJT Rarely do I agree with much on TOPIX, but it just so happens that on my trip up Hwy 17 this past Monday,that same bus passed me like I was standing still. I was actually doing 55 on cruise control. I would estimate the bus was going between 65 and 70. I know it was bus 207 because I was so "impressed" by it that I quickly whipped out my pen (stuck in my shirt) and wrote "207" on the palm of my hand, thinking I might report it later. I didn't, but there is no doubt in my mind that the TOPIX poster is telling the truth. I would note that the time was around 2:00 and there were no children nor any other passengers on the bus - only the driver. She ended up turning off to the right on a long dirt road, a little south of Woodbine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have been behind this same bus on Hwy 17. Cars start passing after she gets to the 4 lane part of the Hwy. I have stayed behind her many times and from a complete stop it takes her no time to get to 80 mph. Must be a damn good engines in the bus to get that fast so soon! I have also called and reported this same bus and we can see that nothing has been done. I would have a problem if my child was on that bus.
For the first time, yesterday I saw a GSP with an empty pulp wood truck pulled over in that same area, they also drive way too fast, so maybe some tickets will be written and some of these speeders will slow down.