Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Long-time K-Bay news director, Dave Smith, is gravely ill.

I just returned from lunch at Aunt B's with Camden County Sheriff Tommy Gregory, Camden County Clerk, Jodi Gregory, and long time county resident Tommy "Sea Pro" Weaver. In the course of our far ranging conversation, I was saddened to learn from Sheriff Gregory that Dave Smith is gravely ill with complete renal failure. His parents have taken him home to Atlanta where he is hopitalized and on renal dialysis. Chances for his return to K-Bay do not look good. I'm confident that well wishes sent to Dave via K-Bay will reach him. To contact K-Bay 106: http://www.k-bay106.com/contact.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate to hear that. I was wondering where he was at since I have not heard him on the radio. I wish him the best in his recovery.

Anonymous said...

enjoyed lunch jay but main reason for me havig it was to talk with tommy and see for myself what i think. not just read a bunch of bs.
the things that have been told to me about you. i took as hear-say wanted to see for myselfand it was a plesure having lunch with ya.
if anyones wants to see what i think about anything all they do is has to ask me.

Jay Moreno said...

Easy now - don't destroy my image as Camden's biggest SOB. I've worked long and hard at it.

I purposely was the first to leave so that you could ask Tommy whatever you wanted to know. I'm sure you learned much that was diametrically opposed to some of the crap you had heard. Care to share?