Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gordon Jackson falls ill: rushed to hospital unconscious.

FLASH: This sad and shocking news just in: Moments ago, GTU reporter Gordon Jackson was attending a function for the anniversay of some St. Marys magazine or other at Seagles. Winesses report that he suddenly turned ashen gray and passed out. He was rushed, still unconcious, by ambulance to the local hospital. Neither his condition nor whether he was transported to Jax is known to me at this time. I spoke to him by phone for about 15 minutes around 4:00 PM this afternoon. He seemed fine at that time. I'm sure that all of my civilized readers join me in wishing for a good and speedy outcome for Gordon. I'll update y'all when and if I can find out anything more. 2057: Great news! I just spoke to Gordon on the phone in the Camden ER. He is awake, alert, and says he's "doing alright." He has no clue as yet what happened, but thanks you all for your concern. Update: Saturday, 1/24 @ 1849 HRS. Turns out that Gordon had a killer cold bordering on walking pneumonia. Additionally, he had just picked up glasses ground to a new prescription- and apparently not correctly - that very day. The apparent combined result was a case of vertigo which caused him to fall. He lost consciousness because in the fall, he struck his head hard enough to knock him out cold. Look to see his by-line again soon.

3 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Best wishes to Gordon for a speedy recovery!

Jay:
Thanks for the "news flashes" they are one reason why I check your blog often!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness...I'm glad he's ok. I really like Gordon, I don't care what everyone else says. He's been a friend to me.

Anonymous said...

Jay, just out of curiosity.....

Were you talking to him about the JDA in your 4:00 conversation. I only ask this because of the rumbling I am hearing about the suspicions following the death of Bob Noble and the current leadership of the JDA Board.

All in all, I am glad to hear that Gordon is okay.