Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Poor Judgement?

Take a look at this agenda item from tonight's county commission meeting. Click on this link. http://www.co.camden.ga.us/archive.aspx?AMID=&Type=&ADID=532 . Now, look under the PDF for the agenda item concerning $43,000 worth of "improvements" to Superior Court Judge Anthony Harrison's suite. Yes, if you suspect that the judge hired an interior decorator from the Sea Island set to design his office and select the furniture, you are absolutely correct. I heard it from the judge's own mouth right after I got up and spoke against the expenditures. Thanks to out old friend, Main Mole, I had a message om my answering machine when I got home at 4:00 this afternoon alerting me to this. As it turned out, my addressing the commission was superfluous because every one of them had heard from their constituents complaining of the incredible tin ear of this new judge in a time of extreme belt tightening a the county government. They voted it down unanimously. They also voted down an additional funding request from Judge Amanda Williams. Watch for T&G for details. I had hoped to see Gordon Jackson there tonight, but I did not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let him go back to the Glynn County Courthouse and use the office vacated by Judge Tuten and get Glynn County to pay for his new furniture. Geez.

Anonymous said...

This Judge just got elected and is in a new building, What is his problem. I would think if he wants new furniture he should buy it himself. It is not like he is there everyday. And of course he has to hire the highest price decorator there is. I bet if he had gotten someone local to bid it would have been a third of that price.
So this gives us a taste of who he is. He is like the exects from the banks going to Vegas after they got the bailout money. UNREAL. I wonder if he is doing this to all the counties he is over? I surely hope the news papers lets everyone know about this.

Anonymous said...

Jay-
I was at the meeting tonight and must say that your thoughts and comments with regards to Judge Harrison's requests were spot on. Even if you take away "the state of the economy" argument as a reason for the denial of his requests, the requests are preposterous. The county courthouse is less than five years old and trust me when I say that it is more than adequately furnished. There is a big difference between having the tools and furnishings necessary to do your job and ones own personal taste. Thank you for taking time out of your day to point out and bring attention to these issues.

Anonymous said...

superfluosu? Learn to spell you dumb shit!! WOW!! To talk so bad about how stupid everyone is, you sure do hack the English language. Oh yea, blame it on the keyboard or your little disease. We know Jay, your perfect. But, you will not ever post anything showing your faults, or you will just blame is on something else. Don't they teach you to proofread in college?

Anonymous said...

Jay, you did a fine job speaking to the commissioners concerning Judge Harrison's request for remodeling a new courthouse office. I just wish you could have seen the judge turn red in the face as you spoke. I thought he might have been a better poker player than this. You were right on target and I appreciate your speaking out on this matter. I thought the judge would have been a lot smarter than what he showed us last night. I would have thought he would have withdrawn his request after hearing the financial situation of the county. But this just shows you that he could care less about Camden County. I enjoyed Mr. Berry telling the judge that in his (the judge) campaign he did say he would be a full time judge for Camden, but he (Berry) never heard him say that it was conditional upon having his office rebuilt and refurbished with new furniture, and I hope judge that you will keep your promise that you made during the election. The judge did not appreciate this and will probably show some childish traits by penalizing Camden someway. Thanks again Jay. THE TRUE MOLE.

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you both. I could tell from the little grin on Chairman Rainer's face that I was saying what at least he felt about it. I was a little surprized when it turned out thatr all five professed to have heard strenuous objections from their constituents and came out squarely against the request.

If there was any doubt that Steve Berry has irrevocably given up the practice of law, his comments to the judge last night answered that question in spades.