Saturday, February 7, 2009

We've lost another great one!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/07/obit.whitmore/index.html It just so happened that back in 1976, when the movies version of his one-man play, "Give 'Em Hell, Harry?," I had not long before that not only finished reading the book by the same name but had visited the Harry Truman Presidential Library and grave site while on a summer active duty to Camp LeJuene. That was a great performance. If you haven't seen it, get the video. Oh, by the way, I took a gal to see it. She was maybe 3 to 4 years younger at most. As we were walking out afterwards, I said something like, "Wow, was that a great performance or what!?" She replied "Well, it was okay - but I could tell that you really liked it. I guess I would have liked it more if I had been around then too." I was born in 1947, but my hair started receeding at about 16. The first president I actually remember - like from movie newsreels - was Ike.

No comments: