Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No, you thought wrong - if you thought at all!

Birdy1 Kingsland, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #110 43 min ago I thought one had to be 65 to get on medicare...however...maybe medicaid would be the word. When you become disabled, at any age, if you have paid into Social Security for at least 30 quarters, you begin to receive Social Security Disability Benefits (SSDI) six months from the date of the onset of your disability. One year from the beginning of your disability payments, you become eligible for Medicare - which you have to pay for just like any other Medicare recipient. And, no, I did not remove my answer to that idiot, although I'm sure that he wishes I had given that his question revealed him so utterly as the fool he is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. sounds like a bunch of jerks on topix if you ask me. I for one would like to say that you are a veteran of the armed forces and that alone, in my book, is all that need be said. Thank you for your time served and I think you deserve full medical benifits from the US Govt. If not for veterans such as yourself, those idiots may not even have the freedom to express their opinions.

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you. I agree. On the one hand, I'm tempted to totally ignore them, but on the other, it bugs me that they constantly misinform ignorant people who read it. They do it either deliberately or inadvertently as a result of their own astonishing ignorance. While I loathe the despicable deliberate liars and libelers, I feel a compulsion to bring the truth to their would-be dupes lest they accept any of that crap as being true.

Anonymous said...

Totally understand. Sometimes you have to set the record straight. Reminds me of the quote,"If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything." Sad fact is that many readers and probably over half the posters over there have little knowledge of the facts they rant about and just jump on band wagons while they judge and gossip. Truthfully, many of my political views differ from yours, but I always appreciate the facts you present and the conviction you show in backing them up.

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you. Glad to have you as a reader.