Friday, June 12, 2009

The perfidy versus the verity. (Read this e-mail exchange starting at the bottom.)

Ok., Except Ken tells me that I am mixing up the Cloister with Sea Island Resort, so we have never been to a party at Sea Island Resort. Also Ken says he was already on the airport authority before I was elected mayor. His memory is better than mine, I guess. deborah From: Jay Moreno [mailto:jaymor@tds.net] Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 8:30 AMTo: deborah.hase ci.st-marys.ga.usSubject: Re: I figured y'all should know about this. Deborah, That was a very effective response/refutation. I could of course paraphrase it on my blog, but I think it would be much more effective as is. May I have you permission to publish it verbatim? I'm doing well, thank you. I'm finally finished with my post-baccalaureate teacher certification program at Armstrong. I'm just waiting on the state to crank out my certificate with endorsements for middle grades social studies, middle grades language arts, and high school level political science. Prospects for a job in Camden are not looking too good for next school year. I'm thinking about doing substitute teaching next year while adding a couple of more endorsements to my license. I'm thinking economics and history, respectively. I'm also going to knock out a quick BBA from the local college - Coastal-Whatever-It-Is-This-Week. I'll turn 62 in November. After that, state tuition is free! Jay ----- Original Message ----- From: deborah.hase ci.st-marys.ga.us To: Jay Moreno Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:24 PM Subject: Re: I figured y'all should know about this. (Note to my readers: At about 7:00 PM this evening, one of the TOPIX liars cut and pasted Mrs. Hase' statement (below) on TOPIX and used her name as if she had posted it. I know for a fact that she did not. Jay) Jay, making these type of false accusations are just a diversion, and smoke and mirrors; but please feel free to inform "sheepdog" that I have never stayed at the Sea Island Resort, but I went to a party there once or twice; and that I didn't put Ken on the authority, council did. Remember, the mayor doesn't vote unless it is a tie. Also, I don't know what they are talking about with the study, but there has been so much that has happened over time, that I can't recall everything. And whatever it was, the AA voted on it (unanimously), not me. But that is when the AA owned the airport property; now the city does, so the AA wouldn't be voting on those issues today. What matters is what is happening now. Things change over time. Projects change over time. Oh yes, and people change over time. As far as "scrutiny", the closest thing I have to having a conflict here is that my husband is a pilot that hasn't flown for a long time; and a brother-in-law who is a pilot and has a plane that lands at our airport occassionally. It would certainly be more convenient for me to pick them up at the current location than at another one; but I don't do what is best for me, I am under oath to do what is best for the city. Tell "sheep dog" to cut his hair so he can see the facts and come look me in the eye with his evidence/accusations. It is so easy to make anonymous statements, and that is why I don't blog unless I use my name. Give me names, then we will talk. I like to know who I am speaking with. Cowards use code names instead of their own. As for Greg's conflict, it is too plain and papable for serious dispute. If no one else, the voters will decide in 2 1/2 years. Hope that you are doing well, Jay. God Bless. Deborah Hase On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Jay Moreno <jaymor@tds.net> wrote: This was posted at about 4:30 this afternoon on TOPIX, Kingsland: Sheepdog Saint Marys, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #237 8 min ago I have been contacted by two good sources that have told me when Debra Hase was mayor, that she and her husband Ken spent a few days at the Sea Island Resort at a cost of $10,000.00 but that Sea Island picked up the cost. Hummmm, me smells a skunk. Also, I have a copy of the Airport Authority minutes from April 5, 2004, where Mayor Debra Hase spoke to the Authority and said the "FAA would not fund the entire study because the price was too high. One option is to reduce the scope of the study." The part of the study that was omitted was the first part which assesses the ability of the current facility to meet current and future needs. Her husband Ken (who she had just recently put on the Authority) made the motion, "Motion by Hase to inform City Council that the Authority is not opposed to the deletion of the first part of the study,...voted to accept unanimously."She sure has worked real hard to shut Councilman Bird up and said he was guilty of violating ethics. He has had two complaints with no evidence to support the accusations of conflict of interest. I wonder how she would fair out under such scrutiny?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It would certainly be more convenient for me to pick them up at the current location than at another one; but I don't do what is best for me, I am under oath to do what is best for the city."

Is it best for the taxpayers/city to fund relocating the airport to Woodbine. By the way the Cloister is owned by Sea Island.

Jay Moreno said...

Remeber, the city is on record via referendum as committed to NOT spenfd any city tax money on relocating the airport. That's why they are looking elsewhere for funding.

As to "The Clositer," do you really think anyone in Camden with the IQ needed to log onto this blog does not know that the five-star, world-renowned Clositer is not owned by the Sea Island Company. "Sheepdog" did not say Cloister - he wrote "Sea Island Resort."

Anonymous said...

But Jay this is ALREADY costing the taxpayers of St. Marys.

Several member of the Council and the City Manager are spending many hours on this project. The visits to the FAA by the City are at a cost to the taxpayers.

I like Deborah but her letter has alot of loopholes. I wish this issue would just go away. If, in fact, the airport is a threat to the base, close it down. Why go the extra mile of relocating it to Woodbine?

Based on what I have read if it does relocate, the City has to give the proceeds from the sell to the FAA. But if they simply close it down, I believe the City gets to keep the money. God knows the City needs all the revenue it can get.

I appreciate you seeking clarity though.

Jay Moreno said...

Neithe the city manager nor the mayor nor the councilmembers works by the hour. They are all on salary. Their time spent on the airport issue does not cost an extra penny. The promise was they would not spend a penny of city tax money to build a new airport. has a single shvelof dirt been turned on a new airport? No, ergo no moeny has been spent on a new airport.

If you have been following my comments on the aiport issue, I've always favored selling it; keeping the money; NOT building a new airport; and seeing a private owner develop the property to the highest and best use and generate millions in city tax revenue.