Friday, June 5, 2009

Product review.

Click on image to enlarge. No drooling on your keyboard, please.
When it comes to frozen entrees,they have really come a long, long way since the original Swanson's "T.V. Dinners." One of my favorite brands of late is Boston Market. They have just come out with a new one I recommend you try. It's called "Turkey Breast Medallions in a Cranberry Relish." Here's what it says on the box: "Our cranberry relish is a tantalizing blend of dried cranberries, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, onions, and jalapeno peppers with balsamic vinegar. It's a perfect complement to the roasted white meat turkey. Served with a side of our signature sweet potato casserole you're sure to love." And I did. It is really tasty. It comes one serving - 460 calories- to a box. As I recall, the price was north of $2.50 but south of $3.00. A tad high on carbs (64g) for us diabetics, but OK for an occasional treat. Try it - you'll like it. They are stocking it right now at Walmart. Not sure about other stores. Note to Cathy and Janie: I'll bet y'all could replicate this sauce. The balsamic vinegar might be a little pricey and the dried cranberries will make your food rep work a little harder, but cheap as turkey is, this dish might be good for y'all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank's Jay, now I will need a new keyboard. That looks fantastic. I will be trying one in the near future. Thanks.

Rebel Dawg

Jay Moreno said...

You're welcome. Their beef pot roast with a new potato, green bean, and red pepper, and onion medley is pretty good too. Very rich, beefy gravy.

Cathy M. Gentry said...

Jay,
I just got through eating turkey and dressing, green limas, collard greens and field peas. It was so good it was almost sinful!!! I have also tried Boston Market frozen dinners and they are in my opinion the best you can buy. I will discuss with Janie your idea about the cranberry sauce. You know we are always open to new recipes!! Thanks

Jay Moreno said...

Sounds good! I'll be down for some in about an hour.

Jay Moreno said...

Man that was good! That cornbread dressing was moist and delicious righ out of the pan, but with that great gravy, it was out of this world! The field peas were cooked down to where they had their own thick gravy - just the way I like 'em. And those collards! I do believe the only way y'all could make those any better would be to plant a mess of 'em out behinfd the place and pick 'em in the mornings. And I do hope you keep the lady who makes those pound cakes in an undisclosed location, lest a competitor get a hold of her.

Anonymous said...

My family and I had dinner at Aunt B's today after reading Cathys mouth watering blog post. Simply delicious!!! I had to take a nap afterwards.

Jay Moreno said...

Amen. I ate at about 2:00 then took a nap for about 45 minutes before Fox News Sunday. One thing about Sunday dinner at Aunt B's is that you really don't need to bother with supper.