Friday, March 21, 2008

This 'n' That.

Well, I've been fighting flu-lite since Monday. I finally felt well enough today to make my first foray from the house since Tuesday. Had lunch at Aunt B's - always good for what ails you. The weather was so nice that I decided to hell with the gas, I'm taking a ride. Does anybody have a review of that Jamaican place across from Aunt B's? What gives with the Walgreens people? I watched them take literally more than a year to build one just like the one in town up at the intersection of F.J. Torras Causeway and Glynn Ave. Where is the economic sense of dragging it out so long? So, how long has there been a gigantic "flagpole" / slash radio tower looming over the old police station in Kingsland? How about that new Mexican restaurant, "El Dorado," in Kingsland where Aunt B's was originally? Any reviews? I see where the latest of a dozen or so restaurants in that little white box a couple of blocks north of Steffens has failed. Building is for sale. Jack's Barbecue has another location at Exit One. Azaleas are in bloom, but they are not nearly so ubiquitous or abundantly flowering here as in Savannah. I think I read somewhere where the soil is not as hospitable to azaleas here. Oh, and whoever commented on what a dumb-ass move it was to not put protected left turn signals up in front of the hospital sure got that right. Passed a backed up mess there today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to the new Mexican restaurant. Service was good but food was bland. El Potro is much better.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks for the warning. "Bland" is definitely not what I'm looking for when I get the hungries for Mexican.

El Potros is also way better than that little place on Kings Bay Road. Ate there once. Stale, cold, store-bought chips and watery, crappy, bland salsa to start. Went donwhill from there.

Anonymous said...

Jay,
That Flagpole/cell phone tower has been at the Kingsland Police Station for over a year.

Jay Moreno said...

Man, I guess I just never looked up before.

At the time, was there no hue and cry about how it would destroy the historic nature and inimitable beauty of "downtown Kingsland."

I can just imagine trying to put that in "downtown" St. Marys

Jay Moreno said...

A friend of mine (yes, I do have a few) e-mailed me tghis comment this morning:

"The caribbean place across from aunt b's is good. They do small and large portions and the price is right. They have curry chicken and shrimp, jerk chicken, pork and shrimp and a variety of other stuff. I've only tryed the curry and jerk items. By the way I enjoy reading your blog. Take care Margaret."

Thanks, Margaret. I saw an informercial for that place _ "Caribbean Junction"(I think) - on T.V. Camden the other night. Some of the dishes they showed were certainly attractive. I'll have to give them a try.