Saturday, March 1, 2008

Beware the ides of March!

The federal grand jury begins hearing evidence against Big Thug Willlie (Camden County sheriff William E. Smith) in less than 48 hours, on Monday, March 3rd, in Savannah, GA (my home town.) Here's the coverage from today's Georgia Times-Union. http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/030108/geo_252578924.shtml The IRS angle which Steve Berry brings up is interesting. If you were educated before the new -and - improved public education came along, you will recall that it was the IRS which finally put the orginal "Teflon Don," Al Capone, into the federal slammer. Time will tell. If I were the federal prosecutor, I would just have to indict BTW on March 15th. Yep, BTW, me tu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets whats comming to him, and I believe he will

Jay Moreno said...

Prosecutors, in my experience, are very reticent to do at the bar what the voters could and should do at the ballot box.

However, given the long history of abuse and the onngoing escalation defiant attitude of BTW, I think that we may get some relief this time around.