Thursday, March 6, 2008

Vox Populi

Folks, every day, when I check out my hometown newspaper, the Savannah Morning News, I always look forward to reading a feature the call "Vox Populi," Latin for "Voice of the People." Here's a link so that you can get the feel of it. http://savannahnow.com/node/457280 I thought that this might be a good spot for similar terse observations upon whatever is on your mind. Comments certainly do not have to be limited to Camden goings on, though no doubt most will be. Have at it.

1 comment:

Jay Moreno said...

I was pulling out of Sonny's barbecue late yesterday afternoon, headed home. Usually, I go down hwy 40 to St. Marys Rd., but when I got up to the intersection by Bubbles Car Wash, I noticed unusally heavy traffic headed north on Haddock Rd. It dawned on me that the new traffic lights down at Haddock and St. Marys were now working, so I went that way to check it out.

Well, if you are on Haddock - or coming out of the convenience store on the other side of St. Marys Rd. - the wait for the light to turn green seems a little long, but way shorter that the average wait before the light at that time of day.

The heavy traffic coming off of St. Marys Rd. westbound onto Haddock yesterday will no doubt only get heavier as more people realize the lights are on.

Coming out of Lowes or Sonny's on Boone to that three way stop there just south of the railroad tracks is going to be a lot more "interesting" now, for sure.