Friday, April 4, 2008

Who is the bespectacled guy?

Okay, so here's today's post Maziarz, Toady and Grovel cartoon. The caption over the radio reads " ...and in other news, despite several ongoing investigations into his conduct, Sheriff Bi9ll Smith announced that he will seek re-election in 2008." The joyous, bespectacled guy hollers "Woo -Hoo! My career is safe?" Well, at first I thought it was a shot at competing journalist Gordon Jackson. But then, there's the dog on the guy's shirt. Simper Fido? Both? A cartoon where you can't be about 99.9% sure who they're going after rather sucks, in my humble opinion. How do y'all interpret the thing?

8 comments:

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

Think about it Jay

Jay Moreno said...

Well,I have. I even pondered the possible significance of the picture and flower on the table.

Oh, do you think that is supposed to be Roxy on the T-shirt? Do you wear glasses?

So out with it: who do you think it is?

Anonymous said...

if the man's pic looked like the Family Guy, I would say it was Bob Godley

Jay Moreno said...

Naw, I figure it's got to be another journalist or blogger or politician.

No resemblance to Steve Berry, though.

I'm leaning towards Rick or Gordon.

Anonymous said...

I think if it was supposed to be Rick, the guy would have had a mullet; remember when they were dogging him about his hair? However,I did finally convince him to get a haircut (it's an old Navy rebellion)! Nope he doesn't wear glasses, yet! However the pic of the dog is interesting. I think the cartoon refers to Rick, Sandy, and Gordon. Take a good look at the picture frame on the table – Mr. Sandy Feller in black and white! Also, the pic on the shirt could be a rough drawing referring to the Wildcats - as the sheriff’s dept almost totally funds all their unnecessary bell's and whistles!

Thanks for doing such a great job while Rick was away!

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks, Nella. Those are good insights. I thought the photo on the table might be Stonewall Jackson - as in Gordon Jackson - but it could be Sandy too( though Sandy's "career" of late seems to be as a BTW apologist - as an offshoot of his obsession with Berry, of course.)

Anonymous said...

I think it has to be Gordon Jackson only because he wears glasses, he has a dog(I have seen him walking it at the park), and he is always printing stories about BTW.

Jay Moreno said...

Okay. I did not know that Gordon has a dog. So the photo on the table is Stonewall JACKSON and, as to the flower, I don't even want to go there.

Yep, I think you've got it.