Friday, September 18, 2009

Former SMPD officer Bob Godley speaks out.

Bob Godley Saint Marys, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #6 1 hr ago Rick I would like to take a oppertunity to thank you! If an investigation was conducted of any type against me for ant reason I was not questioned about it, nor was my Supervisor ever informed of it, as per Departmental Policy. I was called by Lt.Lauf at 4:15 pm prior to the City Council meeting on the 14th, and told not to report to work per Maj.Wooten, about a complaint at City Hall. I went to the Police Dept. on the 15th at 11:00 and met with the Chief, Major, Lieutenant & Donna Folsom. I was told the that my termination comes from Downtown by the Chief. This was a first for me. Nobody has allowed me to defend myself against an alligation of any kind. I know you are a seeker of the truth, so good luck to you! The invitation to meet me is still open! Sport Kingsland, GA If this was indeed written by Bob Godley - as I believe it was - I would remind him that the city has a grievance board. However, I don't believe that the board - civilians appointed by council - has EVER ruled in favor of a terminated employee of any kind in the 16 years I've lived here. If you truly believe you've done no wrong, get an attorney. I would recommend Jim Stein. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kingsland-ga/TCL0T5L3EEDT3JK88

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 month probationary period?

Anonymous said...

The appeals board for the city was disbanded last year. The city manager has the first and last word. Before the appeals board was disbanded it ruledin favor of one employee and the city manager reversed the decision of the appeals board. The employee was the husband of a current candidate for St. Marys City Council. She won't answer you on here but she will answer you in person.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks for that update on the now defunct appeals board. It was always a "command influenced" farce anyway.

Are you talking about Weaver or Haney?

Anonymous said...

jay,

was it her that i read that monday a colored lady was complaining about him/smpd. if so i would like to know their names and wait to see if that person is arrested in next year or so for what that officier may have been trying to stop.

Anonymous said...

Godley was released while serving a 1 year probationary period. An employee can be released for any reason during this time.

Anonymous said...

It is posted in the Ga times Union today about a comment he made on face book in his uniform.

Jay Moreno said...

Yes, I know, thank you. See my psot of earlier today titled "Forrest Gump had more sense!"