Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jolene, was that you?

jolene Saint Marys, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #14 2 min ago When I found out last Tuesday Tommy Weaver had put in a bid on The Bait Shop I was thrilled. He is the only person I know who has the knowledge to make this venture work. I have seen his bid and it makes sense. I know the DNR looked at the location last week. This is a great opportunity for the City of St. Marys to give a small business a chance to get going. The yacht club wants nothing more than to run a social club on the city's dime. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kingsland-ga/TN9VUG114MRC6F15O Now, the question is, was that Jolene Haney going after the fishermen's votes or an opponent of her's trying to cost her the St.MYC votes? Will the real Jolene Haney please stand up? Nevermind! jolene haney Saint Marys, GA Reply » Report Abuse Judge it! #2 16 min ago On Tuesday when I found out Tommy Weaver put in a bid on the bait shop I publicly stated he is the one person I know who can make this work. He has more knowledge than anyone I know about fishing. I have never been in favor of turning the bait shop over to the Yacht Club. I have always said if no one submits a bid to sell live bait, we should let the city operate the shop as a welcome center before we turn it over to the yacht club. The proposal the yacht club submitted to the city was for no rent and half of the profits. The bid Tommy Weaver submitted was $275 a month rent and further stated he understands about slower times in the season and will make provisions for those times. It is common sense the bid should go to Weaver. If anyone wants to know my opinion on specific issues please ask. It works better than rumor. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/T1K7OPUHK1BBM5MBL

2 comments:

Friend of the city said...

Yes, I am Jolene Haney and I did post the previous entries on Topix. I have set up a blog to entertain questions and comments regarding my candidacy. Please visit jolenehaney.blogspot.com for further information. I prefer to share information directly.

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you for the confirmation. I am adding your blog to my list of blogs and websites.