Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Voter fraud!

Something is afoot. I've spoken to Judge Gillette who acknowledged that something was up, but referred me to the county manager and the county attorney. Brent Green called me back. Hew more or less confirmed something was going on when he told me it was "privileged information." Que? Is he representing one of the culprits? Called someone else in the know - who must remain anonymous. He confirmed that there is an investigation; that it will likely be in the GTU tomorrow, then referred me to the Secretary of State. I called the elections division. They said that seeing as how I have a blog, they would have to refer me to the press secretary. The press person told me that she would have to speak to the investigations division. When I asked if I could speak directly to the investigations division, she said that seeing as how I intend to publish the information, I would have to get it from her. Yep, it sounds like something is up. Huddle House Reporter, have you heard any more details? I can't get anybody to confirm that two deputies and a registrar's office worker are involved, but no one has denied it, either. Stay tuned. Update @ 1625 HRS. A guy just called back form the press office at the Office of the Secretary of State. He said that they have no knowledge of any complaints out of Camden County. I took that to mean he was either blowing me off for having the audacity to call them back after an hour with no response, or it simply has not gotten to them yet. I've had two people tell me there is definitely something going on - people who have always heretofore been 100% reliable. Moreover, others confirmed it by not being able to discuss it. I guess we'll have to wait until Gordon Jackson can break this one in the GTU - hopefully, tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought BTW would not go out without trying something, I hope the Investagators on this, pin the culprits to the wall and get them to tell it all, so we can get some finallty on this mess, and punish them the max the law will allow. Send the thugs a message it won't be tollarated.

Anonymous said...

I decided something was strange last night when originally they said there were 450 absentee ballots to be counted, then later they stated there were on 416 absentee ballots. So I am assuming that 34 or so absentee ballots were tainted? Guess we will soon know the answers. Oh well, just another mark on the county.

Anonymous said...

The information, as told to me by some one who works in the Sheriff's office said that the matter is being investigated and the results are to be turned over to the Sec. of State. Of course a bunch who has been part of the system for most of their lives would try any thing to keep it all going. It blew up in their face and they are going to have to answer for what ever turns up.

Anonymous said...

No further info at this time. I will keep my ears open at the coffee table and let you know what I can dig out.

hhr

Jay Moreno said...

I now think that as of today, the matter has made it as far as DA Kelley's office, but has not yet made it to the Secretary of State.

Unknown said...

Thought this went better here

nan4tjn said...
Mom went to vote this am at Mary Lee Clark and while there she saw a woman with a Vote Bill Smith sticker on her (BIG) chest. Obviously she had put it there before going to vote (unless she wears the same clothes daily). Now if I was there I would have said something since in 2004 when I went to vote I was told VERY LOUDLY that I could not wear my Bush pin (which was on my purse) because it was against the law to wear campaign material inside or within 500 yard of a polling place. Mom did say the woman was told to remove her sticker AFTER she finished voting and was outside.
I hope Tommy Gregory wins even though it will no longer affect me or my family. It's time for a change in Camden!

July 15, 2008 4:24 PM