Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nope, I was right. I should have known better.

Thanks to the reader, Anonymous #23, who received his Smith final assault piece in his mail today and graciously e-mailed me a copy. It is a two sided, 4 color mailing piece. As usual, just click on the images to enlarge them.
Well, while it was chock full of obfuscations and lies - mainly by omission - none of which I will have to catalogue for you well informed voters at this late date - it was, all in all, far less low down and dirty that I was expecting from Smith. That's why I think that the real postal attack may yet arrive on Monday. Watch for it.
Oh, I got back from Tommy's event at 1830 HRS, after a side trip to Walmart on the way home.
When I left, a little after 5 (to get home and take my diabetes medication) there were about 50 people there. There was plenty of good food and good fellowship. The smell of victory was definitely in the air.
Tommy and lovely and gracious wife Jodi were excellent hosts. Guests included an ex-county commissioner, an ex-mayor, an ex-city councilman, half a dozen Kingsland officers, and the victorious team of Morgan and Stein, less that 48 hours after their joint administration of a memorable jurisprudential butt whipping to Big Thug Willie. Rick Rogers and his entire family were there.
Additionally, Jay Stein, the intrepid process server was there, as was equally intrepid and persistent Coroner L.W. Bruce. There were candidates present for the offices of Clerk of Superior Court, Tax Commissioner, and State Senate, respectively - and all in support of Tommy Greogory.
John Q. Citizen fed up with Big Thug was also well represented.
I even discovered who tossed the printer out of the court house window. All-in-all, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I can't wait for the victory celebration.
Oh, and to Mrs D who introduced herself to me in Walmart: It was a pleasure to meet you - and thank you for your kind words.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite welcome. Doing everything I can to ELECT TOMMY GREGORY FOR SHERIFF.

Anonymous #23

Anonymous said...

BTW Jay I noticed tonight you had not replaced you sticker on the back of the wheel chair. Would you like one, I think I have a few around the house. Very nice gathering of folks today at the Gregory meet and greet. The chicken was GREAT, wish someone could tell me where they got it from. I was only there for a short time, so did not talk to you, but saw you making the rounds. Tommy and Jodi did a great job. I am feeling pretty good about this election. Nice to see the Law Enforcement guys that showed up. You guys do a great job, thank you for your work, and your support of Tommy.

Anonymous #23

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks for the offer, but I've got anther one around the house here somewhere. Trouble is, if I put it back on before voting Tueday, I would have to remove it to enter the polling place.

I recognized the potato salad (the red skinned potatos) as coming from the Walmart deli. I think that is where the chicken came from as well. It went beyond crispy to crunchy and it was well seasoned.

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

Jay,
I didn't get one either, wonder why? I got his postcard, but I guess he didn't want to waste a whole stamp on me. Good job on the blog, you started this just in time, I don't have the time I used to.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Rick Rogers
The Real School Police

Anonymous said...

Bill is so full of lies. Tommy Gregory does not drive a city car home. He leaves it in Kingsland every night. Just another lie to make Tommy look bad.

Anonymous said...

I did find one truthful statement in the BTW mail out. This is "his last Republican primary race".

Bye bye hog farmer. As you will spend your remaining years in a federal prison, the only "digging in your heels" will be when bubba drags you to the shower.

The End

Anonymous said...

Not to be overly picky, but it is interesting that the mailer picture might even contain a lie. Unless it was different in 1961-1965, Smith, pictured as a Marine Corps veteran of some officer rank, is not wearing a captain's collar devices, even though he is referred to as Capt. Bill Smith.
For the correct collar device go to: http://www.vanguardmil.com/store
and go to officer rank, collar. A single bar is either a 1st lt or 2nd lt depending on the color. Picture looks like a single bar, color indeterminate. Might not be recalling all military picture protocol and guidelines, but during my 26+ years (USN) just don't remember putting a different rank or grade on a picture even if that is the highest rank held. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of things to say about Bill Smith's letter. First of all, Tommy drives a Kingsland Car when he is working unlike Smith he drives his personal vehicle when he is out campaigning. Secondly, how many people out there are as curious as me and would love to see a breakdown of the 2.8 million dollars of work done by the inmates on county property that Bill Smith continues to brag about. I would be willing to bet that if you asked to see some proof of that figure you would really get the run around. I'm sure that figure was pulled out of the air by the same person that takes care of the CCSO budget.