Monday, July 14, 2008

A few thoughts on tomorrow...

Tomorrow will undoubtedly break all records for voter turn-out for a primary in Camden County. Working folks - particularly Jax commuters - are probably going to see the longest lines. I would hate to see any of them arrive at the polls only to have to leave before voting for Gregory. Here's a thought. If you're like me and no longer punch a clock Monday through Friday, why not make it easier for those working folks? I propose that we retirees vote between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM, and between 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM. That will accommodate working voters before work, during lunch, or after work. By the way, under Georgia law, if you are disabled (i.e., qualified for a disabled parking permit) or are 65 years old or older, you may go to the front of the line immediately upon your arrival. Savor the moment: you will be making history doing your part in a watershed event in the history of Camden County.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, excellent points. I voted early and hope that everyone that has not voted will go to the polls tomorrow and vote for a change and vote for Tommy Gregory.

Jay, I hope that I can hang my reporter's job after tomorrow. Please keep us informed, amused and enlightened with your blog.

And in the name of all that is holy, get Sandy Feller to a doctor. He needs a brain scan much worse than the church lady.

hhr

Jay Moreno said...

That's saying something!

Anonymous said...

I notice that Sandy hasn't made a peep this morning.