Monday, July 27, 2009

Chamber of Commerce to host activists' summit at 8:00 AM tomorrow.

I'll give credit where credit is due: I picked this up at TOPIX. I've confirmed the story, but I will not say how, lest I get someone into hot water. Here are some of the likely attendees:Camden Partnership, Camden Action Group, Camden County Chamber of Commerce, Camden County Joint Development Authority and St. Marys DDA. The meeting arrangements were just finalized Friday. If you're interested, the meeting will take place at the Camden Chamber of Commerce office which I'm told is up in the "breezeway" close to where Calico's eatery used to be (sorry to hear they've closed) in the back right corner of the old Walmart shopping center in St. Marys. Does anyone have any more info on this? 1407 HRS: This additional info just in: It's a special called meeting of The Camden Partnership. Agenda items include election of president, fundraising and consolidation of Camden Partnership/Community Action Group and the Military Community Committee. I believe, from some other reading, that this proposed consolidation may have been initiated by the new JDA Director, David Keating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that you attend.

Jay Moreno said...

I plan on it, unless they turn me away.

Anonymous said...

If they turn OUR favorite reporter away we will stage a protest.

Anonymous said...

Interesting how they really did not want the public to know about this meeting.

Jay Moreno said...

While that may or may not be true, when I attended this morning, Jim Wells made the point that they had been advised by member and legal counsel Charlie Smith that their meetings were open to the public and subject to open records law. As soon as I get back from some errands and get a chance to read their rfeport from last year, I'll have some insight into just why that is the case. Stay tuned.