Thursday, July 30, 2009

Meet Cojack.

Well, today I adopted a dog from the dog pound. He is a 2 year old half cocker spaniel and half Jack Russell terrier. The shelter named him Bullet. Animal control brought him in as a stray. I've renamed him Cojack. I'll probaly call him "CJ" for short. Man, this dog is mellow like a cocker but high energy and fast as greased lightning when the playful mood hits him. The good news is he is house broken, very friendly, and not a barker or a whiner. So far, he hasn't torn anything up even though I left him alone for about an hour this evening to go out to eat and go shopping. Here's a link to his picture: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14180934 Oh, by the way, I passed by Raidas tonight at about 7:00 then again at 7:30. Their parking lot was packed both times - which may or may not be a good sign.

6 comments:

Alex Kearns said...

Congratulations, Jay! A life worth saving. ("Cojack"? Telly Savalas "Kojak"?) Good luck with him - Russell's are such intelligent and demanding wee dogs. I wish you much love and laughter with him. Having delighted in Jack Russells for many years I know that you'll have a good and worthy partner (and they are the Calliope and Thalia of the dog world). Let me know if anything arises that concerns you for my husband bred Russells professionally for many years.

All the best. (Hey...we can disagree on many things but dogs are dogs)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he will make you a fine loving pet. Terriers are very smart and learn quickly. I have one that has taught me more than I have taught her.

Good Luck

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you both. Cojack as is COcker / JACK Russell. Amazingly, when I backed my wheelchair into my bedroom last night with him following close behind, as soon as I said stay, he sat down just outside my door and allowed me to close it. I never heard so much as a whimper out of him for the rest of the night. It wouild appear that he went over and rearranged the blanket I put down for him and went to sleep. I woke up about 6:00 and kept waiting for him to whimper or scratch on the door. Nothing. When I got up at seven, he was deleriously happy to see me.

One of my previous housekeepers, who was only 18 when she first went to work for me, had bought me a teddy bear for my birthday. It usually sits on my sofa. Sometime during the night, the teddy bear was demoted to the floor. He was not damaged - just dethroned!

Jay Moreno said...

Correction Cojack as IN COcker / JACK Russell....

Anonymous said...

Jay that is a fine looking dog you have. I am sure that he will be a good companion for you and you for him. I have 2 Boston Terriers and they are like my kids. I always know that when I get home from work they will be waiting for me and happy to see me.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks. He is a really good and loving little fellow. I can't imagine how he ended up out on the streets and picked up by animal control. Even after nearly a month in the shelter, he is still underweight. I'm supplementing his dry food diet. He loved his two eggs, scrambled soft, with grated cheddar cheese this morning.