Friday, July 24, 2009

Video of St. Marys City Council TAD meeting of 20 July now available.

For those who don't know me, I'm the fat, bald, bearded, fidgety guy in the the wheelchair and the blue striped shirt sitting next to Arlene Norris in the front row. I haven't yet viewed the whole tape, but if the quality is as good throughout as the first few minutes I've seen, you should be able to clearly see and hear who said what - including what the JDA Director, Mr. Keating, ACTUALLY said. http://www.ci.st-marys.ga.us/video/video.htm When you get there, scroll down to the last entry, "July 20, 2009 City Council Meeting." Now go to the multi-colored "Windows Media" box on the right border and click on it. 1822 HRS: I've watched it now. It runs a little over two hours. As an extra treat for our readers who suffer from obsessional Jay Derangement Syndrome, a little over an hour in, I address the council at some length, instructing them on what they would have known (maybe) if they had actually read the applicable law before the meeeting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get it to open. boy i would love to see it.

Jay Moreno said...

Are you bringing your cursor over to that muti-colered box to the right of the last entry for 20 July anf then clicking on it?

It worls for me.

Oh, and do you have Windows Media Player? Ican't imagine that you would not.

Jay Moreno said...

multi colored bax, that is and it "works" for me.

Anonymous said...

I wish Drury would give St. Marys the same favor he says he gave Kingsland and respectfully turn St. Marys down

Anonymous said...

I got it open. I think Cyphers and DeLoughy asked the questions taxpayers would want answers to. I still say a TAD is the last thing St. Marys needs right now.

Jay Moreno said...

The problem was that Deloughy had not bothered to find the answers on his own. Cyphers made the effort, but was apparently unable to comprehend what he read. Did you notice that he kept looking back for coaching and encouragement from Roger Rillo who kept looking at something - perhaps a copy of the same study?

I got the distinct impression that the Watchdogs are not so much opposed to a TAD, per se, just who gets it. It appears that they want the first one for some downtown project - either another shot at the mill property or perhaps that stock of dilapidated buildings from city hall back to the mill on either side of Osborne (with he exceptions of the new school, Dr. Jones new place, and the old Jehovah's Witness building cum liquor store). Something is afoot.

Jay Moreno said...

Here's a thought: based on what you all have heard so far, would anyone like to come on here and tell us everthing you know or beleive to be true about how this TAD would work? I promise I will not riducle or belittle anyone in any way. Of course, to the extent that youy understanding may be wrong, I'll tell you how and why it is wrong and what the factual information is.

Anonymous said...

Here goes: Blah Blah Blah Saint Marys blah blah TAD blah blah Drury development blah blah overbudget blah blah nothing is selling blah blah a Billion dollars blah blah Camden taxpayers have to bail out the JDA, City of Saint Marys, Camden County Govt, and more folks I probably don't know about yet. How's that?

Anonymous said...

The way I see it, the approval of a TAD for Drury will just open the door for someone to create a TAD for the mill property. It is my understanding a TAD is for blighted areas to rebuild communities. How does this project fall into that category? We can't afford to give away tax revenues unless we are bringing in jobs now, not in 10 years.