Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The fat lady has not yet sung on the effort to suspend county impact fees.

The next act will occur a week from right now, at 6:00 PM next Wednesday night. The venue will be the next meeting of the county Planning & Zoning Dept. att eh county 0annex, next to the county library off of Gross Road. This will be one of the "public hearings" they talked about on 2/2 at the commission meeting. Here is what I suspect may be going on. The now fearful four are looking for a way to climb down off of the limb they got themselves out on. My guess is that the Planning and Zoning director, John Petersen, will have done a study which will show how many mills in additional taxes it will take over the next 10 or 20 years to build all of the infrastructure which will be needed, in the absence if impact fees, to support north-end growth. The now fearful four will feign shock at just how costly it will be to the taxpayers to drop impact fees and tell their would be benefactors, the builders, that they did what they could but the public would just not stand for it. I will be there. I would encourage you to be there as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay did you read the County document over on topix under the tag St. Marys Airport.

With 50,000 residential sites on the horizon I could only imagine what it will cost taxpayers if impact fees are suspended. The fab four that voted for this need a head examination.

Jay Moreno said...

No, but I'm headed there now. Thanks for the heads up.

Jay Moreno said...

Okay, I've read it. If I'm not mistaken, that was aproved before imapct fees were inacted BUT there is language in there, as you know, which says that any fees imposed in the future would also apply, including impact fees.

I'm very glad to see that language. Back during the gold rush to Camden with grandiose palns, I always suspected that the real motivation was to get in ahead of the enactment of impact fes. I wonder when we started puttting in that language?

Anonymous said...

What good does the language do if THEY eliminate impact fees?