Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Techno dinosaur seeks techno geek.

Here's my problem. About a month ago, I bought a Dell, 20 inch HD monitor. When it was hooked up to my old computer, the images completely filled the screen. Now, hooked up to my brand new Dell, the picture is crystal clear and razor sharp, but I've got about 3 inches of blank screen on either side of the image. I popped the software in that came with the new monitor to double check that it is set to the recommended 9oo X 1600 DPI. It was. So, how do I get it to fill the whole screen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay,

Try upping your dpi by say 25% (Both directions). See how that works, and fiddle around with it after that. You should be able to fit it just right, but again, you will have to fiddle around with it.

Anno #23

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks. You solved the problem - sort of.

When I went back to the screen to do that, it was at the highest possible setting - 1600 X 900 DPI. However, I then noticed on that screen where you could up the size of the images by either 125% or 150%. 150% did the trick!