Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Listen up, St. Marys Citizens' Beautification Advisory Board.

http://savannahnow.com/news/2010-02-10/plant-tree-go-disney-world-free That reminds me: at Monday night's city council meeting, I reminded the mayor and council that several months ago, via an ad in the T&G, said board requested beautification ideas from the citizenry at large. I sent several and Cookie Johnson tells me many others did as well. I asked that the board give a report at the next meeting on what plans they have formulated as a result of all of that public input. The mayor said that he would ask the chair of that board to give such a report at the next city council meeting. If a "St. Marys Tree Foundation" were to be established, would you support it financially? Would you be willing to volunteer to plant trees, shrubs, etc.?

No comments: