Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another medevac flight out of the Winn Dixie parking lot.

As I was coming home from the Lion's oyster roast in Kingsland, I saw pretty much every emergency vehicle in Camden County and a Life Flight helicopter in the WD parking lot. I pulled in. Just as I was pulling in, the helo lifted off at 1856 HRS. I asked a fireman ( 4 fire trucks) if he could tell me what happened. He told me he was not allowed to - that I would have to ask a cop. Right then, a female cop (SMPD, I think) walked near my van. I asked her. She said she could not give me any information because it was under investigation. I said, "Oh, it's criminal, eh?" Her response: "I can't say." Oh give me a break. Would "A man / woman was clubbed/stabbed/shot/etc/" really have jeopardized the case? Maybe Channel 4 will have it tomorrow. Minutes later, when I pulled into Walmart for Super Bowl snacks, there were 4 SMPD cars, including an old auxiliary car, in front of the store with their lights flashing. Never did see the actual cops but there was a large (30-40) group of high school kids rapidly filtering away from the store out into the parking lot. ???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter's friend was at Walmart & called her. Said a person was stabbed in the parking lot there and that they were looking for 4 black males. This is info relayed from a 13 year old to a 13 year old..but she was there and scared, so likely some truth.

Jay Moreno said...

Given the fact that I drove straight from Winn Dixie to Walmart and found 4 St. Marys PD vehicles sitting there with the lights on but the officers nowhere in sight, I would tend to give credence to your report.

Anonymous said...

We were at the Pet Supplies Plus when all the police, fire truck and ambulance came storming into the Wal Mart parking lot...about 10minutes later some of them transferred over to the Winn Dixie parking lot, which is where the helicopter landed. My husband overheard "a stabbing" while he was in PSP...I think they transferred the injured person over to the Winn Dixie parking lot for a better landing area for the helicopter.

Jay Moreno said...

That, too, would be consistent with what I observed.