Thursday, June 26, 2008

Herr Herron handed heiney?

I just received an e-mail from school board member Doug Benton. By the way, just two e-mails below his in my inbox was an identical response he had recently sent out to one of my readers who had e-mailed him her own inquiry. Thanks, reader. Mr. Benton, Thank you for your looking into this troubling matter and for your prompt and politic reply. I infer from your response that it was going to happen, before it saw the light of day, but thanks to your intervention, it now is not. Thanks again. Jay Moreno ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Benton" <dbenton@camden.k12.ga.us> To: "Jay Moreno" <jaymor@tds.net> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:56 PM Subject: RE: Coach Herron Mr. Moreno, Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I have made two phone calls (one to the Assistant Superintendent of Schools and one to Jeff Herron). To the best of my knowledge, this will not happen. Thanks, Doug Benton________________________________ From: Jay Moreno [mailto:jaymor@tds.net] Sent: Thu 6/26/2008 2:34 PM To: Doug Benton Subject: Coach Herron Gentlemen, It was brought to my attention today that Coach Herron has ORDERED the varsity football team to ride on a float in the St. Marys 4th of July parade in support of Sheriff Bill Smith's reelection bid.I have posted this allegation on my blog. http://camdencommentary.blogspot.com/ I, for one, would be most interested in what your individual opinions of this alleged action (if found to be true) are, as well as what, if anything, the board plans to do about it prior to the 4th of July.I will be glad to post your responses, unedited, on my blog. Thank You. Jay Moreno

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may have been a blessing for Coach Herron. You know they come disguised in many ways.

EVERYONE that has received any of "that" money from Bill Smith is being leaned on for support. Some people received the money not realizing that it was illegal to receive. Programs such as the football program accepted this money to pay for uniforms to defray cost for the parents.

I know that does not make it right. They should not accept anymore illegal money. But please cut Coach Herron a little slack on this one, I truly feel his pain, if it happened as I described.

Anonymous said...

Jay,

You should have buried this tid bit you got from your mole. I think you would have gotten more milege out of it if the event did happen. Now that it won't, it will be quickly forgotten. Just my 2 cents.

Jay Moreno said...

I get the idea, but had I done so, would I not have been just as guilty of poorly using the kids on the team as Smith would have been had we not stopped him?

Jay Moreno said...

Yeah, I guess this does let Herron off of the hook with an overbearing Big Thug.

Anonymous said...

you did right Jay, now a lots of those players can go and enjoy the 4th without the feeling they were used for politics

Jay Moreno said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the info Jay, making a few phone calls paid off. Now the kids will not have to OWE the sheriff anything and they can enjoy their 4th of July. The slime is unreal and will try and USE anyone or anyway posible to win this election. we need to watch for dead people voting also, I am sure that is not below him trying.
GREAT WORK JAY!!!!!!
VOTE TOMMY GREGORY.........

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your diligence the players will not be forced into particpating in the Sheriff's hay ride. What a dirty trick that was.
This is just another example of a desperate act to get folks to go along with his corruption and give the appearance of wide spread support. Just more deception.

Jay Moreno said...

Okay, thanks again.

That's enough, now: we seasoned pariahs can only take so much felicity, you know.