Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reminder....

The Republicans are hosting their last candidates' forum before the election tonight at 7:00 o'clock at the Eagles Aerie in St. Marys. This one will be for the county commmission candidates. Word-to-the-wise: be there NLT 6:30 - 6:15 even better. It should be interesting to see how many well known Thuggies will show up and how many of their co-ordinated, concerted, attack questions of Berry Ed Clary will allow through. Update @2051 HRS: A caller who was there at the candidates' forum just gave me a report. He said that far and away the most striking thing was the fact that even though Bill Smith was not on the program and hiding in Charleston, the overwhelming majority of the questions put to all county commission candidates had to do with their support or opposition to Bill Smith. Rainer caught Hell about his support for Smith. So did Carper. Apparently, there were no Thuggie's questions read, for none were "Smith friendly." I'm not sure if Gordon's coverage will make it into tomorrow's GTU or Thursdays. Should be interesting to compare his take to my "reporter's."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the Woodbine Forum and Smith stated, it was just unbelievable, that Carper was his candidate and with her he would have 3 votes, because Rainer (dementia is a terrible thing) and Chuckie are in his hip pocket.

Jay, I certainly hope the crowd gave Rainer and Carper what they deserved, PURE HELL ..

Anonymous said...

Got a question,Jay. What do you think of Ed Clary? I have a personal reason for asking.

Jay Moreno said...

I've never really "thought" of Ed Clary one way or another.

What's on your mind?

Anonymous said...

Jay

I was on my way home this morning from having coffee with some friends when I saw the City of St Marys Marshall picking up candidate election signs. He had what looked like quite a few in his vehicle. Guess they were all posted in the wrong place.

BOB-BOB

Jay Moreno said...

Did he appear to be picking them up from the right-of-way?

Anonymous said...

They must have been in the right of way. Like I said, it looked like quite a few.

BOB-BOB

Jay Moreno said...

Oh, I almost forgot: My main mole called me this morning. He was there at the forum and agrees that
"about 90%" of the questions put to the candidates had to do with BTW.