Sunday, June 22, 2008

A letter from Chris Folsom of T.V. Camden.

Chris Folsom has left a new comment on your post "I figured as much....": I don't expect this to make it to the blog [but of course he does], but I figure I'd try anyway. First I'd like to thank you for watching TV Camden. It is indeed an honor to me for people to watch what we do. The entire concept of TV Camden is to be positive, local and informative. We are not interested 'hard news', but we are going to put on what we deem is of interest to the citizens of Camden County. Second, the press conference called by the Camden County Sheriff's office was attended not only by TV Camden, but also by K-bay 106 and virtually every news center in Jacksonville. Yes, TV Camden rushed to get the press conference on, because our community was disturbed by the murders. It was good to get this information out as soon as possible. Third, pertaining to TV Camden receiving monies form the Camden County Sheriff's office...yes, just like any other entity, has to pay to have their message or commercial on TV Camden. TV Camden has never endorsed candidate publicly or privately. In as much, when candidate for Sheriff Tommy Gregory announced his candidacy over a year ago, TV Camden covered that event and aired it multiple times, as we do all events. Finally, The Sheriff's Report, which was the program the Sheriff's Office was paying to be produced and aired, is no longer in TV Camden's program rotation. TV Camden was notified over two months ago that the Sheriff's Report was coming to an end. In addition, there is an open invitation to any local blog owner to be a guest on TV Camden. Simply communicate with me and we will arrange it. Sincerely, Chris Folsom, president, Positive Media, Inc dba TV Camden Reply: Mr. Folsom, Thank you for your letter. I watch T.V. Camden quite often, particularly for the coverage of Camden County Board of Commissioners meetings (could you please get Mr. Howard to speak up or amp up his mic or something!) I also catch Thug Void's show, Selectively Friendly Fire, as I'm flipping through the channels. Your coverage of candidates' debates is also a much appreciated and valuable service to the community. I don't have any use for the goofy stuff produced by Jason and pals, but to each his own. In short, Camden is better off having your productions than background radiation on the two local access cable channels. However, it does appear that there is, particularly in Thug Void's show, a distinct bias towards the good ol' boy incumbents and maintaining the status quo. It will be interesting to me - and, I'm sure, to you - to read what my readers have to say about T.V. Camden and the bias issue in the "comments" which are sure to follow. As to the invitation to "any local blog owner" to appear on T.V. Camden (presumably on Thug Void's show), I was wondering when BTW's people would think of attempting to set that snare. While it is true that years ago I drove a truck down here from Savannah, it was a U-Haul - not a turnip truck. I'll pass, but I'm sure your viewers would be fascinated by an interview of Deputy David Mills, the author of "Black 'Copters and Rumors." Oh, and I'm glad to hear that as a result of his drug fund "scorched earth" policy, Big Thug Willie no longer has the money to fund "The Sheriff's Report." That was always a worthless piece of Smith's propagandistic, perennial campaign fluff, funded with drug money, which could have gone a long way long way towards the purchase of the ostensibly "desperately" needed four patrol cars. Thank you for reading "Camden Commentary." Sincerely, Jay Moreno author

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thug Void! That is hilarious. Jay, I have to give you this, you come up with very clever nicknames for some of our county's colorful buffons. As far as TV Camden is concerned, don't even get me started. First we had that African American minister (??)and his hand held Super 8 now, this. At least it isn't on Direct TV so visitors passing through Camden have to watch that schlock. PS: What's your nickname for Thug Void's inseparable pal, the wailing St Marys City Councilman?

Jay Moreno said...

Which one?

Anonymous said...

Bird

Jay Moreno said...

Oh, you mean the heartthrob of the Senior Center, Councilman Airrole
Flymflam?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Moreno,

In the months past I have sent an invitation to other blog owners, well one, anyway. I was told that individual was told not to come on because it might be a "setup". Now, someone told me that, however, I think there must be some truth to it because of the lack of response to it.

Since most of the blog owners do no not particularly care for Doug Vaught, I will set up an interview or program and perform the interview myself.

Why would I do this? It's simple, I've been in broadcasting pretty much all my adult life and consider myself a part of the old school. Which means, to serve the public without being bias to individuals and topics. If an individual is not comfortable with Mr Vaught, other arrangements can be made.

A word about Doug Vaught: He works hard to develop "Friendly Fire" and "Porch Talk". I'm not sure how many people have ever tried to create a TV talk show, but it's not as easy a one might think.

In addition, TV Camden has suffered loss of revenue because of "Friendly Fire". This is a badge of honor, if a business person, who once spent money promoting his/her business with TV Camden stopped because of a particular guess on "Friendly Fire", then we much be doing something right.

Furthermore, the whole idea behind "Friendly Fire" is to get an unedited perspective on the topic at hand. We strive to be balanced and let the viewers decide for themselves. TV Camden has never edited out any comments made by a guest. The only way we would edit out a comment is if it was not family friendly...cursing and the like. Individuals may not like a guest, but they can rest assured they will hear everything that guess has to say.

Our goal is to always be positive, local and informative. Not to make people look bad. To put the information out and let the viewer decide.

Pertaining to Jason Paine's productions. Jason has a unique perspective and is very creative. He is an honest and caring person who is a bit zany at times. Many appreciate his sense of humor and perspective. Although, I acknowledge your opinion to not particularly care for his presentations. I think most would agree, its okay not to like everything.

I appreciate the posting of my previous post. I truly was pleasantly surprised to see it on your blog. My perception of our local bloggers has improved.

Sincerely,

Chris Folsom