Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mr. Folsom responds to my response.

(Scroll down to bottom, then click on "Older Posts" to see his original letter and my original response). Mr. Moreno, In the months past I have sent an invitation to other blog owners, well one, anyway. I was told that individual was told not to come on because it might be a "setup". Now, someone told me that, however, I think there must be some truth to it because of the lack of response to it. Since most of the blog owners do no not particularly care for Doug Vaught, I will set up an interview or program and perform the interview myself. Why would I do this? It's simple, I've been in broadcasting pretty much all my adult life and consider myself a part of the old school. Which means, to serve the public without being bias to individuals and topics. If an individual is not comfortable with Mr Vaught, other arrangements can be made. A word about Doug Vaught: He works hard to develop "Friendly Fire" and "Porch Talk". I'm not sure how many people have ever tried to create a TV talk show, but it's not as easy a one might think. In addition, TV Camden has suffered loss of revenue because of "Friendly Fire". This is a badge of honor, if a business person, who once spent money promoting his/her business with TV Camden stopped because of a particular guess [guest] on "Friendly Fire", then we much [must] be doing something right.Furthermore, the whole idea behind "Friendly Fire" is to get an unedited perspective on the topic at hand. We strive to be balanced and let the viewers decide for themselves. TV Camden has never edited out any comments made by a guest. The only way we would edit out a comment is if it was not family friendly...cursing and the like. Individuals may not like a guest, but they can rest assured they will hear everything that guess has to say.Our goal is to always be positive, local and informative. Not to make people look bad. To put the information out and let the viewer decide. Pertaining to Jason Paine's productions. Jason has a unique perspective and is very creative. He is an honest and caring person who is a bit zany at times. Many appreciate his sense of humor and perspective. Although, I acknowledge your opinion to not particularly care for his presentations. I think most would agree, its okay not to like everything. I appreciate the posting of my previous post. I truly was pleasantly surprised to see it on your blog. My perception of our local bloggers has improved. Sincerely, Chris Folsom June 24, 2008 7:41 AM Mr. Folsom, Thank you for you letter and observations. I can appreciate the pressure you must be under from Bill Smith to get me in front of a hostile audience and try to vitiate my obviously alarming effectiveness in revealing Smith for what he truly is through my blog. He gave it his best shot, Big Thug, but I'm not biting - so give him - and it - a rest! If you would like to interview me briefly in the context of your being present to videotape the Tommy Gregory victory celebration, I'll be glad to give you a few comments. Until then, Sincerely, Jay Moreno

1 comment:

Roxy the school police watch dog said...

JAY,
SOME OF WHAT CHRIS SAID IS NOT TRUE.
FIRST, YES HE DID INVITE ME ON HIS SHOW. (OR DOUG'S SHOW)

SECOND,
YES PEOPLE DID SAY THAT IT WAS A SETUP, BUT I DID RESPOND TWICE TO EMAILS AND SEVERAL TIMES BY PHONE. I NEVER SAID NO!!!

AS FOR DOUG VAULT, I KINDA LIKE THE MAN. I LOVE TO WATCH HIS SHOWS. I EVEN LOVED THE SHERIFF'S REPORT. THAT IS WELL SPENT DRUG MONEY. YES I DID SAY WELL SPENT. THEY WOULD ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING THAT I COULD CALL THEM ON. REMEBER THAT IS THE SHOW TERELL SAID THEY GOT PERMISSION FROM THE DOJ, WHICH THEY COULDN'T FIND. I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY INFORMATIVE, BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. IF YOU COULD LET CHRIS KNOW THAT I DID TRY TO REACH AND TO TRY AGAIN, AS I WILL DO THE SAME.